Chapter 32. Hot and Cold

Winter getaway🏔️

The next morning, I was no longer by the fireplace, I woke up in bed snuggled underneath the blanket

The next morning, I was no longer by the fireplace, I woke up in bed snuggled underneath the blanket. Jermaine was nowhere in sight. As I slipped out of bed and picked up my robe from the floor, I heard the shower running.

Stepping into the bathroom, the warmth and steam engulfed me. I approached the sink to begin my daily routine. The reflection in the mirror revealed a face that was still glowing with the remnants of last night's passion, and I couldn't help but smile. It was in that moment that Jermaine emerged from the shower, his bare, chiseled form adorned only with now a towel wrapped around his waist.

My eyes meeting his in the bathroom mirror as a smile graced my lips. He makes his way towards me wrapping his arms around my waist, his warm breath tingling against my earlobe. "Good morning, beautiful," he whispered, his voice a gentle caress against my skin.

Leaning into his embrace and savoring the feeling of his strong arms enveloping me. "Good morning, handsome," I whispered back, my voice filled with tenderness.

Leaning down, he placed a gentle kiss on my neck. His touch ignited a spark within me. "What do you fancy for breakfast?" He murmured.

My mind momentarily distracted by his touch. "Mmm, how about some pancakes with fresh strawberries and whipped cream?" I suggested turning to face him.

"Sounds like a perfect start to the morning. I'll make a start while you finish up getting ready," he tells me.

As we got ready for the day ahead, the excitement of our day filled the air. I slipped into a cozy sweater and jeans. We headed downstairs to the kitchen. The air inside the cabin was filled with the aroma of freshly brewed coffee and the tantalizing scent of bacon sizzling on the stove.

Whitely was preparing a breakfast feast. Plates were soon piled high with fluffy pancakes, crispy bacon, and a colorful assortment of fresh fruit. The chatter and laughter grew louder as we all settled in, savoring the delicious meal and enjoying each other's company.

After breakfast, Jermaine and I had planned a spa day for our anniversary while the others had other activities planned. Stepping into the spa, I was enveloped by a soothing atmosphere filled with fragrant essential oils and calming music. The attentive staff welcomes us warmly, ensuring that every detail of our spa experience is meticulously planned and executed to ensure ultimate relaxation and rejuvenation.

As we settle into plush and comfortable lounge chairs, the therapeutic warmth of the sauna embraces our bodies, gradually easing away any fatigue. The calming waters of the indoor heated pool, illuminated by soft underwater lights, invite us to dip in. The gentle bubbles of the hot tub envelope us, creating a sense of peace and tranquility.

Indulging in a couple's massage, the skilled hands of the massage therapists work their magic, expertly kneading our tired muscles. As we lie side by side, the sweet scent of lavender fills the air, enhancing the serene atmosphere. After our revitalizing spa experience, we emerge feeling refreshed and rejuvenated.