Chapter 41. Territorial

Paris🗼

Jermaine and I are currently attending a charity ball in the city of Paris

Jermaine and I are currently attending a charity ball in the city of Paris. The ballroom is filled with distinguished guests from all walks of life, creating an ambiance of elegance and sophistication.

Amidst the lively atmosphere and animated discussions, a renowned designer who creates captivating dresses for popular magazines approaches us. She expresses admiration for my elegance and poise, and in a moment of intrigue, she inquires if I would be interested in gracing the pages of her upcoming fashion editorials as a model for her exquisite designs.

With grace and appreciation, I humbly decline her generous offer, choosing instead to boldly share my true passion for the art of hairstyling. She eagerly requests my salon business information, expressing genuine interest in the possibility of collaborating with me on future projects.

I take a short break from the conversations and head towards the open bar to get myself a glass of champagne. A familiar businesswoman came up to me. "Hello, you're Jermaine's wife, right? We haven't formally met. I'm Bianca, the Director of Sports Fashion. I organize photoshoots for Jermaine and his teammates."

"Nice to meet you. I've heard great things about your work in the fashion industry, especially your expertise in combining sports and fashion."

"To be honest, the fashion industry can be filled with egos. Jermaine is one of the few humble ones," she mentioned.

"Jermaine has always remained grounded and focused on using his influence for positive impact. It's refreshing to hear that his humility stands out in an industry that is sometimes overshadowed by egos," I responded proudly.

We continued to engage in a lively conversation, discussing the intersection between fashion and sports. Bianca shared her insights on how athletes can leverage their influence to promote fashion trends and create unique branding opportunities.

Bianca also mentioned her upcoming project, a collaboration between top athletes and renowned designers, aimed at breaking stereotypes and challenging conventional notions of style. As the conversation continues two familiar basketball wives join in, adding their perspectives and experiences to the mix.

As the event was about to start, the host announces for everyone to find their seats. I make my way to find Jermaine. However, my path is unexpectedly intercepted by a muscular figure, a British boxer exuding confidence in a tailored suit. "Hi, I'm AJ," he introduces himself. "I couldn't help but notice you over by the bar earlier, but you left before I had the chance to introduce myself," he added with a flirtatious demeanor.

Realizing that my wedding ring is tucked away beneath the gloves of my ball gown, I extend a friendly welcome. "Hi, I'm Mrs. Renae," I politely greet him, ensuring my marital status is known.

The tension was palpable as Jermaine made his appearance, embracing me possessively yet lovingly. His protective stance conveyed not only his love for me but his strong need to claim his rightful place by my side. "The event is about to begin, babe," he declares, his voice filled with a fierce devotion.