Chapter 26. Away game

Travis and I thought it would be a good idea to babysit Ariel for the day

Travis and I thought it would be a good idea to babysit Ariel for the day. We wanted to give Sonia and Nick, a much-deserved break so they could enjoy a romantic day out together.

Our day began around ten in the morning when we arrived. Ariel was already wide awake, happily sipping on her morning milk. As soon as she spotted Sonia and Nick leaving, a wave of emotions came over her. She started to cry and fuss, making it difficult for me to comfort her. I tried my best to soothe her, but unfortunately, I wasn't able to calm her down.

Eventually Travis and I managed to settle her. We took her to her scheduled baby class. As soon as we arrived, her eyes lit up with joy. It was evident that she truly adored being there. The atmosphere was filled with vibrant colors, playful toys, and cheerful melodies, all of which appealed to her curious nature. Her little heart must have been bursting with excitement as she engrossed herself in various activities.

Later that evening, during her nap time she refused to stay in her crib and kept crying until we picked her up and carried her around the house. Travis tried to entertain her with her favorite toys, but she seemed uninterested. She absolutely loves attention, so if you take your attention off her for even a second, she starts to make her dissatisfaction known.

It was a challenge for Travis and me to keep up with her demanding nature, but we were determined to make it through the day. It took some creative thinking and a lot of patience, but we managed to keep her entertained with toys, and lots of singing. I must admit, Travis has a knack for making her laugh and smile. His goofy antics and silly faces had her giggling.

"Trav, after today's babysitting, I must admit I am nowhere near ready to start on the journey of parenthood yet

"Trav, after today's babysitting, I must admit I am nowhere near ready to start on the journey of parenthood yet."

"Good," he chuckled warmly, his voice carrying a sincere understanding of my sentiments. "Because neither am I," he added.

"Our future child, whenever that may be, is undoubtedly going to have the same level of demanding nature as your sister," I remarked as I continued with my nightly skincare routine.

"Yea ours is bound to keep us on our toes, just like my sister does. But you know what they say, it's all worth it in the end," he commented as he nestled into bed. "We both have so much going on in our lives at the moment, I think it's important for us to fully enjoy this phase before we think about starting our own family."