Chapter 47. Our journey only just began

"Nae, I haven't partied in months, it's Dillon's brother birthday, he's like family

"Nae, I haven't partied in months, it's Dillon's brother birthday, he's like family. I want to support," I said.

"His brother turning 40, why is he living like he's twenty-one and hosting it in Las Vegas?" She mumbled as I packed.

"Come on with that age, it's the best place to feel young," I pointed out with humor.

She wrapped her arms around me playfully from behind. "You're too wholesome now to be surrounded by strippers," she sassed.

I chuckled. "Is that the real issue?" I asked, raising an eyebrow as I turned to face her.

"Oh honey, I'm not worried about that. It's just you've made a church commitment, and parting in Las Vegas certainly doesn't align with our values," she stated.

"I'll make sure to focus on celebrating the occasion in a more wholesome manner," I said playfully rolling my eyes. "I feel like it's more than this weekend away. Talk to me, what's on your mind?" I asked softly, brushing her hair away from her face.

She leaned into my touch. "I just hate that you'll be gone for three weeks this summer. I was looking forward to spending more time with you during your basketball off-season," she admitted.

I pulled her close, planting a kiss on her forehead. "I'll make it worth the wait when I return," I promised.

"Oh, you better believe it," she teased.

In one swift move, I lifted her up and carried her to the kitchen, our lips locked in a kiss. Entering the kitchen, I rummage through the fridge to find the ingredients for breakfast. As I cooked, we chatted, enjoying the morning together.   

****

Las Vegas🌃

After a night of poker, the guys and I headed to a VIP club

After a night of poker, the guys and I headed to a VIP club. Within half an hour at the bar, a stripper approached me. Most of them here couldn't care less if a man is married or not. If they see something they want, they'll go after it.

She spoke, "Hello handsome, can I buy you a drink?" Her eyes gleamed as she flashed me a playful smile. 

I chuckled. "Y'all buying drinks now?"