Chapter 27. Woman instinct

Samuel is taking me as his plus one to his prestigious work event dinner meal to celebrate the company's anniversary

Samuel is taking me as his plus one to his prestigious work event dinner meal to celebrate the company's anniversary. It's an important occasion, as all his colleagues and bosses will be present.

Knowing that I'm not typically the fancy dress type, I find myself rummaging through my closet in search of the perfect outfit. "Sammy, I can't decide what to wear. You know I'm not the fancy dress type of woman," I express, walking downstairs with a handful of dresses to show him.

Samuel looks up from his paperwork with a warm smile and takes the dresses from my hands. "You look stunning, no matter what you wear," he says. Holding up one dress that catches his eye, he suggests, "How about this one?"

"Yes, that will do," I reply with a smile.

"I'll be up in a minute to get ready," he said while I make my way back upstairs.

With my outfit sorted, I shift my focus to hairstyling and makeup. Opting for an elegant updo, I aim to add a touch of sophistication to my overall look. For makeup, I choose neutral shades that enhance my features and highlight my natural beauty.

Later...

Later, we arrive at the event

Later, we arrive at the event. Stepping out of the car, I smooth out any wrinkles in my dress and ensure my hair and makeup are still intact. As we approach the entrance, a red carpet welcomes us, further enhancing the sense of glamour and sophistication surrounding the event.

Samuel leads me to a table, introducing me to his colleagues and their partners along the way. The pride in his voice when he introduces me as his wife fills me with delight. It's evident that he holds me in high regard, and I am determined to live up to his expectations.

Throughout the meal, I engage in conversations with Samuel's colleagues, eager to learn about their roles within the company and the contributions they have made to its success. It is fascinating to gain insight into the inner workings of such a prestigious organization.

After some time, I excuse myself to use the restroom. While inside, I hear a faint sobbing sound coming from the neighboring cubicle. Finishing up, I make my way to the sink, but I cannot help but take a moment to see who was crying.