CHAPTER 3

LANDO

Ilma's arrogance makes even the devil sit and watch. That's the thought I get while she enters the room in the exact moment when most of the people on the party went to the pool nearby. I have a clear sight at her. But she is too distracted by the talk with Victoria to even look back at me. It gives me a perfect opportunity to look at her outfit.

It's an emerald green dress with a cutout on her left. I notice that she's also wearing a high heels she wore at the after party a month ago and that I found pretty. Not her being pretty in them. Just the high heels being pretty themselves.

She was the only one wearing such a colour tonight. Everyone other was wearing either purple or black. And for fuck's sake that will make me look at her even without my will to do that. My eyes will naturally fall on her because she's the one that looks differently. I sigh and I order a drink from a bartender, taking my eyes off her. The music is becoming more like a loud thud for me and it's no longer a good tunes to vibe to.

"Lando Norris?" I hear a high-pitched voice next to me. I close my eyes and breathe out loudly before looking at the girl that has this voice. She's a blonde in a really short dress but something about her tells me I know her.

"Yeah?" I ask back, trying to sound lazy and ignoring. Actually I'm hoping that the bartender will make my drink quicker because I can't handle the conversation anymore. And it's been less then 2 secounds since it started.

"How are you doing tonight?" she asks me and lies her side on the bar counter, trying to look as flirty as possible but it doesn't work. I don't know if she knows it. Eventually the way she tries to look even more seductive in a way makes me understand she doesn't know it.

"Great." I answer dryly as the bartender passes me my drink. I nod at him, thanking for the glass and then I stand up, ready to walk away from the counter. "But I gotta go now."

"Don't you wanna take me with you?" she looks at me using a flirtatious voice at the same time.

"I can't." I shrug off my shoulders and walk through the crowd which is slowly growing back to its number. I can't see Ilma anymore. Thankfully. I make my way through the crowd to the pool where I see Daniel standing all alone. He's drying himself because he definitely ended up in the pool.

Daniel looks at me and a smile on his face imidiately grows.

"I don't know where your girl's at." he says and collects a few smirks from the guys that have been just passing by to go for a cigarette.

"My girl?" I ask him confused. I take a sip of my drink as I sit on the waterproof couch by the pool and near Daniel.

He just laughs out loud but doesn't answer my question. I decide to let it slip and never come back again.

"Want to pass me my shirt?" Ricciardo points at the white shirt he has for tonight. We all made a silent agreement to wear a white shirt and black jacket somehow.

"Sure." I pass him his clothing piece, carefull not to spill my drink on it. Daniel thanks me and when he's finally fully clothed he pats me on my arm.

"Wanna go and do some DJing?"

I feel a smile growing on my lips. I love Djing at parties and lately, the music at this one we're at right now, sucks. I don't even answer him, he knows what I'm thinking just by looking at me. So we both get out of the open pool area back to the party where all the people came in. Sweaty bodies and the smell of alcohol hits me harder than I thought it would just because I went to have some fresh air for a quick moment. I look over to catch Daniel with my eyes so I could follow him. He's much taller and bigger than me so following him would be easier than making my way trough the crowd all by myself.