CHAPTER 16

ILMA

Next week I see Lando coming to the paddoc with a girl, having one of his hands on her waist, smiling for the cameras and giving each other little kisses. God, I almost threw up when I saw it. I wish I could reap my eyeballs out.

"She looks like you." I hear Vic's voice behind me, muttered a bit. I turn around to look at her with my eyebrows raised up in question. "What? Just saying." she shrugs off her shoulders and takes another sip of her banana smoothie.

"I shouldn't care. And I don't care." I cross my arms on my chest before looking around the food tent to get us a table. We take the one right in the corner, next to the table of Ferrari drivers. I might have done it on purpose.

"I hate you." Vic whispers, slightly blushing as we walk by their table. I giggle and sit with my back on Carlos, so Vic would have to sit facing them. "You act like the mean girl from highschool movies."

She passes me the smoothie I have ordered and we both drink it in silence, with our minds on qualifying ahead of us. Free practice in Monaco wasn't the greatest thing I have ever experienced in this year's Meceredes' bolids. But I gotta deal with it anyways. I have heard that Lewis is in town specifically for this race and this rumour made me keep my head up on Friday and today. Especialy today. Because I didn't see it coming at all. Lando having a girlfriend. It didn't seem like it three weeks ago. I guess he has found one yesterday in a club or something.

"Still thinking about that, huh?" Vic asks me, which makes me look up at her.

"About what?" I try to play it off like I don't know what she means even though I am perfectly aware of that.

"About that." she points her finger at the food tent's entrance and I don't even have to look there because I hear him before I could even get ready for it. I hear Lando greeting one of his mechanics but I don't hear the girl's voice though. That's weird. But let's act it out like she is just super shy for now and still isn't familiar with anybody here to feel comfortable enough.

I hear his steps approaching our table with high heels clacking on the floor next to him. High heels? God, I would die in high heels on the paddoc. I don't look up, hoping he'll just walk past us and don't stop at our table. I am still peacefully sipping my shake when I feel somebody's presence above me. I sigh quietly, fake a smile and just then I look up at them both.

She does look like me. The same eye color, almost the same and lenght of hair as mine. But she is shorter. And wearing a dress that I would never wear. Too uncovered and actually it is in a vivid color that makes you see her person, no matter if you want it or not, from a kilometer. She also pulls a smile on her face and looks at Lando unsure of what to do.

"Hi, I'm Ilma Angelov." I reach out with my hand to hers to shake it for a sign of me accepting her.

"Marie Calan." she answers me but doesn't shake my hand. I get it back and take my smoothie in that hand, fighting with myself to keep this fake smile on my face.

"I'm Victoria Diaz, nice to meet you." Vic tries to shake her hand aswell but Marie doesn't even look at her hand too. Bitch. I stand up from the chair I was sitting on to get the fuck away from here. But no. Marie blocks my way out of there. I look over to Vic being almost done with the presence of Lando's new girl.

Then I look at him. He immidiately makes eye contact with me and I see that he is waiting for my reaction for her. And what am I supposed to do, huh? I drop my eyes back to Maria and pull the fake smile of mine again.

"Excuse me, could you move?" I'm saying, keeping my nerves calm with the biggest effort of mine. I have never had succh nerves, not even before my first race in Formula One. This girl seems to be a pick me. And I hate them. Very much.