CHAPTER 13

LANDO

My head hurts so fucking bad. I don't know how much drink I has yesterday but that was definitely too much. I try to sit on the bed even though I feel a lot of pressure on my head as I do it and I almost give up. I hear somebody in my bathroom, walking around and washing their hands. Oh fuck. What have I done?

But then the doors open and Oscar comes out of the room and slightly smiles at me.

"Welcome to the world of living, Mr. No I Haven't Drunk Much But I've Been Flirting With My Biggest Enemy." he says smirking and drying his hands at the same time.

"What?" I ask him, bringing a hand to my head to try to massage it as it could help. It of course does nothing but at least I tried. And then the words that Oscar said hit me. "I did what?"

"Exactly what I have just told you." Oscar walks over to the chair next to my desk where I used to do my streams on Twitch. He looks at me, being chill like always, while I'm freaking the fuck out.

"No."

"Yes."

"Goddamn it." I run my hands on my face, breathing out loudly. "Any more details that I should know?"

"You've got drunk at Ilma's place yesterday when you were trapped in there because of the paparazzis outside. You texted me to come for you and probably the you started flirting with Ilma. But then I called you and you two stopped, got out of her apartment and met a blonde girl in the corridor."

The embarassment and anger at myself turns even into madness at that blonde girl. Magui. I clench my jaw and look down at my hands before searching for my phone and wallet at the bedside table. I immidiately find it and take out from the wallet the card with Magui's number. She told me to call her later because she knew how the rumour about me coming injured to Ilma spread out.

"Sorry, Oscar, but would you mind?" I look up at my friend but he just nods and leaves the room, probably going to the living room. I sigh one last time before calling the number.

One signal. Nothing.

Two signals. Nothing.

Thrid signal.

"Hello, I thought you might call me back." I hear her voice and I can almost hear a smile in it.

"No pep-talk. What do you know about the rumour?" I ask her, sitting on the edge of my bed.

"Why are you so nervous? Chill." she chuckles on the other side of the line but it just makes me more angry. It sounds so fake. And attentive. I hate pick me's.

"I don't have much time, talk."

The line goes silent for a while before I hear a clattering glass and then her voice. She seems proud of herself as she starts talking.

"You know, I live next doors. To Ilma." no, no, no. I already don't want to hear anything more. I fight the urge to put the phone down and hang up. "And it wasn't normal to hear your voice echoing through the corridor. I have heard it before, on the party, so I recognized it."

How do I keep myself calm when it's Magui on the other line of the phone call telling me that it was her all the time? Of course it was her. I didn't liked her since the first tike I have seen her but I tried to ignore it because I didn't even knew her. They all say not to judge the book by its cover but I think that she is the damn exception.