CHAPTER 24

LANDO

Ilma: you gave me the flowers?

Lando: what flowers?

Ilma: the ones on my bed, idiot.

Lando: do you like them?

Ilma: I have asked the question first

Lando: and I asked if you like them

Ilma: yes, they're pretty

Ilma: now answer me

Lando: it might have been me

I smirk and put my phone down on the counter in the kitchen in my hotel room. I'm making cookies because Ilma is coming to me to discuss some things that 'are bothering her'. I feel so anxious about it because she can now easily hurt me. Now that I am vulnerable to her because she knows I feel something for her. I just agreed because that would ment she would come over. And I'd get to see her without having to act for media and public's eye that I loathe her.

Actually I don't know shit about baking or cooking in general. I have no clue about this and I'm just hoping I won't set the apartment on fire when it'll be the baking part. I have gotten some recipe from my sister who told me it was the easiest recipe she has. Well, I still don't know what do I do after mixing up the ingredients.

It's been two weeks since we have met in Vic's hotel room. After her break up with Fabio. After I showed her that I actually feel something for her. But since then we hand't really talked much. We have seen each other on track only, because there has been two races on two Sundays in a row. She has won one and I have won the other and our points in Driver's Championship are now separated by 3 points she is behind me. We kind of came closer to each other but she still pushes me away. She argues with me about small shit that we would argue about before but not now. At least I think we wouldn't. But she proves me wrong. If not the thing that she is coming over today to discuss some things I would think that she would want to come back to our old ways. And I so didn't wanted to.

Last weekend when I came back to my hotel room after the race I just layed down on the bed and thought of her. I thought of why she tries to push me away once she has completly opened up for me. I thought how I'd be begging on my knees to spend some time with her when she isn't acting tough and how she'd laugh in my face. I thought of her.

I'm so head over heals for her.

God damn it.

I put the formed cookies into the oven for the time and temperature that was in the recipe and sigh as I look around the apartment. It's unbelivably clean here. It feels weird to even look at it. I have less than an hour until she'll come over and I have nothing to do. So I go over social media. I see some gossip F1 page posting about Ilma and Fabio's break up. This topic lately is media's favourite. Ninety percent of the questions that Ilma answers in any kind of interviews are about Fabio. I really admire her for not scratching out the interviewers' eyes because I would do so. Because I would be sick of people constantly reminding me of an emotional event and asking me only about it. But she seems to be so chill about it.

I guess that Oscar has an effect on everyone somehow. I scroll down and see Ilma's post. It's some pictures of her training on the gym but you can't really see her face in any of them. I could basically recognize her by her back but I wouldn't complain at seeing her face at all.