CHAPTER 12

ILMA

He's been starring at my face for forty five minutes now. I haven't looked back at him but his eyes on me are annoying me so much that I barely keep myself calm. When I came up to the window I still have seen the paparazzis so I pulled the curtains so they would stop spying on me. This is the side of fame I hate. I hate it as much as I hate Lando Norris. And this idiot is sitting in my apartment, remaining silent as I asked him to do, watching my every move and breath.

I get off of my bed once again and just walk out of my bedroom, running a hand through my hair as it has fallen on my face. I put the dirty mug into the sink and sit on the counter in my kitchen at the exact time that Lando peeks his head over the doors of the room he's still sitting at. I can see that he wants to talk. That he is fighting his urge to talk to even me because he cannot be silent for so long. He's always talking, always filled with chaos and energy, acting like a child with ADHD.

"What?" I ask him, looking him in the eyes. I know that if I wouldn't start a conversation he would do that and start talking about most random shit.

"Nothing." Lando answers me but I see the corners of his lips slightly going up. He got me where he wanted. Asking him to talk. Fuck. I have fallen into his trap. I can't change anything about it now so I raise my brows, not beliving his answer. "Well, actually..."

I smirk and steady myself by laying my hands on the counter on my both sides and look at him, wondering what he could possibly talk to me about. We have never had a proper talk without arguing or yelling at each other the worst possible insults that came up to our minds. So now he got me thinking what we could have a conversation about. I have lost any faith in having a normal, non defined with anger, talk between us two.

"I think I could have a drink." he says completly suprising me with these words. Lando stands up from the armchair in my bedroom and walks over to the stool which is directly in front of me. The light from the black retro lamps is making his face having a small glow. And the thing that gets my breath to a halt for a few secounds are his eyes looking directly at me, sometimes wandering and landing on my lips. Goddamn this man.

"Didn't you come with a car?" I ask him as I get off of the counter and stand back on the floor.

"I did. But I can get Oscar to pick me up." Lando smiles at me, leaning on the table. "I really need to get drunk."

"Why?" I turn around to pick a bottle of tequila and a glass for him from a cupboard but it's too damn high. I still regret buing a flat with high ceiling in moments like this. I sigh but then I hear footsteps approaching me and...

Lando's hands land on my waist. For a moment I can't move, unsure if I want to rather kill him for daring to put his hands on me or to let him do that. After a few secounds I just look up at him with my head slightly turned around because he's standing right behind me. And he is already looking at me with a smirk. I fight myself not to blush. I hate him. I hate him. I...

"Let me do that, love." his voice breaks my thoughts into two halves and I now I have to fight every nerve in my body not to let me do something I might regret later. I act like I don't feel my knees melting. Actually, why would they be melting? For this idiot and hell of a man?

Maybe.

Just slight chance for it.

I nod firmly and move away, his hands slowly leaving my waist. I feel cold air immidiately rushing to the places that he has just touched and that makes me shiver but luckily for me, Lando is to concerned with taking the alcohol and the glass for himself. He lays down two things on the table he's just been sitting at and starts pouring the tequila inside. I just watch him unsure of what to do. This has been just a hell of night that I totally didn't expect. None of it what has happened tonight. Not Lando coming to my apartment, arguing with me, being unable to leave because of the paparazzis, starring at me for forty five minutes and then this... I swallow my saliva and try to calm myself and my body down.