CHAPTER 8

ILMA

It's late at night, two weeks later after me getting drunk enough to start something near word 'flirting' with Lando. I still regret it though and I'm not proud of what I've done. Well, no, maybe I am. I managed to distract Lando and to get into my apartment as this ass wouldn't let me do it.

"He acts like a child." I say out loud before opening a Coca Cola can and taking a first sip of it.

"Both of you act like two children who would accidentaly push each other off of a cliff." Vic says and smirks under her nose while scrolling down the TikToks. She came to me for just a moment because I called her that I need someone to talk to. She showed up after ten minutes, knocking on my door this time, having a can of soda with her.

"I would push him off of a cliff if I could. Unfortunately for me I think it's impossible because people would think I have won the championship only because of that." I say and Victoria giggles at my comment.

She gets off of my bed and walks over to the kitchen to get herself water.

"It's pretty late and I have a breakfast with my family tomorrow..." she sighs and puts the glass down, while looking at me. "Would you mind if I...?"

"No, not at all. I'll see you tomorrow, I suppose?" I raise one of my brows.

"Yes." Vic smiles and comes up to me to give me a hug before leaving.

As soon as the door close after her I lock them back and go to my bathroom to finally have a shower. I take off my make up, then quickly do my skincare and I look at my face for a moment. Without make up the dark circles under my eyes seem to be ten times more visible thank usually. My sleeping problems are only getting worse and worse with every day that I have no work to do and nothing to occupy my mind with. I sigh before looking at all of the face creams I have and choosing the one for under eyes. I aplly some of it, hoping it would change anything even though I know it wouldn't do nothing at all.

I get out of my bathroom to get my pyjamas and underwear before I'd go and take a shower. I also take my phone to play my favourite playlist in the background.

After some time I finally change into black, oversized tracksuit bottoms with matching hoodie and as I walk out of the bathroom, ready to lay down and try to fall asleep I hear a knock on my door. I quickly check the time on the clock that's hanging above my bed and I see that it's 1:30 am already.

I walk up to the doors and after a moment of hesitation I open up and see a man standing with his back in my direction and a hood on his head. But then he moves his head a bit and I immidiately know who it is just by his profile.

I cross my arms on my chest as I lean on the doorframe and wait for his explanation for disturbing my peace at this hour.

He faces me know but I still don't exactly see his face because the hood is not letting the light to fall on it.

"I had nowhere to go." he says with a raspy voice which makes a shiver go down my spine.

"You live in Monaco. You have a place to go to because you live here." I reply, still not moving even an inch.

"I can't go there because my parents are there and I definitelly cannot show up looking like this." after these words he lifts up his face a bit and the hood falls off of his head. And then I see why he couldn't go back to his house and confront his parents.

There are lots of cuts, deeper or more shallow, on his whole face, with some bruises and blood running from his nose. When he also shows me his hands I see that they're not in a better state than his face.