CHAPTER 22

FABIO

I take Ilma's luggage even though I can see her slightly mad face. I have argued with her about me taking her bags for her because they must be heavy. At least they look like it. We're going to Brazil, for two weeks because of her having another race and me having mine the week after. She could finally see me racing.

I don't know if I was more anxious about Ilma watching my race for the first time since we're something more or just because. We still haven't called what we are out loud, with words. It's not precised and it's good for me like that. We don't really talk about that. About what we are. We just stick together. I'm feeling something for her but I don't know what it really is. Love? Rather not. But there is a little bit of something that I don't feel towards other women

"I told you I could have drag it all the way to the plane, you know?" she says, crossing her arms on her chest, wearing one of my hoodies which is oversized for her. She's looking so adorable right now and it takes a lot from me not to give in and kiss or even make out with her right here.

"And I told you that I will do it. It's heavy." I say and start walking away so she could stop arguing with me. But of course she couldn't. She walks up to me, following me. I almost smirked at the fact that she has to take two and a half steps to make my one step so I slow down a little bit so she wouldn't have to run after me.

"It's not that heavy, I can take it." Ilma starts again and tries to take away the bag from me but I get the bag to my other hand. The one that I have now empty I have used to take her hand into mine. I interwine our fingers, starting to caress her hand slowly.

"Could you just, please, stop arguing with me? I want to help you." I say to her as I put the luggages on the desk where the lady will take them to our private jet.

The lady leaves with a smile, telling us that we can already head to the plane and so we do. I make Ilma follow me by wrapping my hand around her waist, still not dropping her hand. I bring her even closer to me and I hear her breathing quicken. I smirk under my nose. She is so lovable. She always reacts to my touch like we're teenagers and I have just accidentally touched her hand under the desk. She feels every emotion ten times more than average person.

We both take a turn to the gate to our plane. We get on it, being greeted by the pilots and both of us take a seat in the seats in front of each other. We will be starting of in just a few minutes, so we have to sit in them but then we can do whatever we want. And I already have a plan for it. I see Ilma taking out her phone and texting somebody but I don't dare to ask who is it. It may be her best friend, Vic, or whatever her name was. I still am not familiar with Ilma's world. But I know about some guy.

I have heard her talking with some guy on the phone a few nights ago. It wasn't a long conversation but I still peeked out a bit to hear it all. Nothing important, no informations I could get. Other than a name. Right before she hang up.

Lando.

I searched him up juzt yesterday when she left for a meeting with fans for Mercedes' charity action. Lando Norris. McLaren's driver. Why the hell would he call her in the middle of the night? Maybe she has some feelings for him and... I have never asked though but this thought can't leave my mind. I'm always thinking about it, everytime I look at her face. But I won't ask. If she's cheating on me I will probably know because everyone would be talking about that.

"Fabio?" I hear her calling my name out so I look up at her face just when she takes a picture of me. "Thank you." she giggles and then we start, the plane slowly pulling up. I close my eyes slightly as I feel the change of pressure but after a few moments the feeling quickly goes away.