CHAPTER 14

ILMA

Lando: get ready, I'm picking you up in an hour

Ilma: for what?

Lando: we gotta discuss the version of the truth for media

Ilma: see you in an hour

I strech out my muscles because after sitting for so long in one position I rather feel like a marble sculpture rather than a human. I yawn and get off of my bed after a quick nap. I open up the wardrobe to pick a pair of pants and an oversized white tshirt and then I grab my favourite silver necklace as i go to the bathroom to change. I also spray myself with perfume before walking to the kitchen to make myself something to eat but I totally forgot that I haven't got groceries for a long time. My fridge is almost empty, not counting the rest of the shake that is more of a left over that shouldn't be eaten.

I sigh, trying to decide wether I should quickly go to the shop or not. But why would I? I can make the day without eating anything at all. I brush my hair, quickly do my make up and then later entertain myself with watching TikToks since I have lots of time before Lando picks me up.

Almost an hour later Lando texts me again.

Lando: I'm waiting for you already

Ilma: I'll be right there

I pick up my bag with packed essentials, close my apartment and walk down to the parking lot. I notice Lando's car parked right in front of my corridor with him scrolling something in his phone. I open up the doors of his car and sit on passengers side.

"Hi." I decide to start with it as I'm still unsure if Lando remembers what he has done when he was drunk. Four nights ago now.

"Hi." he answers me, putting his phone down and starting the engine. He doesn't say anything more and I will not do that either. I don't care about his attention that much.

But even though we've never said it out loud, to each other, we both knew. Something's changed.

We drive in complete silence. I don't even know where we're going actually and I have never though of asking him that but I won't be the first to talk. I don't want to be the one that always has to iniciate everything because the other side doesn't care enough go fo this by themselves. We're going through the streets of Monaco, completly unbothered, with no one filming us as it's a very early hour. Half of the city is still asleep. Most of the people that come here are tourists who can only get drunk every night because they all believe that Monaco is like European Las Vegas or even better. That everything what happens in Monaco, stays in Monaco.

I lay my head on the head support of my seat, getting my sunglasses on as the sun is glowing straight into my eyes. I hear Lando turning his face to see what I'm doing even though I don't see him from this position I'm in.

"How did your brother do?" he asks me and I smile under my nose just a bit, that it wasn't me to break the silence first.

"Great, he won with his team mate." I answer, while turning my head to look at him. I can't stare him right into his eyes but at least I can see his side profile. For the first time his face doesn't seem to be annoyed with anything but it's just calm and relaxed. I believe it's Oscar's effect on him. "Are you four having any more peddal matches? You know, before the summer break ends."

"I don't know, no one proposed it yet." Lando says and takes a turn, focusing his eyes only on the road. "How many days we have till the end though?"

"Five."