CHAPTER 19

ILMA

"I don't know how it looks for you, but for me it looks that Twitter tells me more about my bestfriend then she does." I hear Victoria's voice echoing through the room. I have no idea how she came in but I don't care about it as long as it's her. I groan and lay back down in my bed, this time on my back.

"Hi, Vic." I say with a raspy voice, trying to collect my thoughts.

"Ilma." I feel the bed mattress moving a bit as Vic sits on its edge. I turn around to face her, thinking what she could be talking about. I mean I probably know but... "I'm so happy for you but why you didn't tell me yourself, pookie?" she asks me with her puppy eyes. I smile a bit. So she won't tell me that it's a bad decision or that I shouldn't. She's just happy for me. Purely. I can see it in her eyes.

"I just... I don't know. So much happened yesterday..." I say with a smile curling my lips up. I feel so genuienly joyfull about what has happened and what it could mean if it lasted.

"Yeah, I can tell. You're smiling like you've just won the championship." she chuckles and makes herself comfortable on my bed. "So, you're happy about that, whatever that was and that you both haven't precisied?"

"Yes." I answer her with my voice fully confident in what I say.

"So I don't have to go after him, to chase him, and make him regret hurting you?"

"No." I giggle and also sit up on the bed. I hug Vic for a quick welcome before I pull back and look at her as this thought had just gone through my mind. "What are you doing in Bosnia so early anyways?"

"I had booked the first possible flight to ask you about Fabio. Or whatever his name is. I still haven't learned anything about him." she says and fixes her hair. "And also I am here to help you with the mess that the press is probably gonna do around you. It's media day today."

Obviously. I forgot about media, press and fans when I was with him. Now I have to pay the price of it. But I really hope that they would rather try to ask me about this being my home race rather then the thing that has happened yesterday. I could never really bet on what would the press and media do, they were to unpredictable for me to loose my money on them.

I get up from the bed, quickly change, do my make up and hair before being ready to face whatever was waiting on me at the paddoc. The whole circuit and paddoc was brand new and the fact that we will all have to learn it seems to be terrifying in a way. No places I would know where to hide from press except my own driver room. But I'm spending so much time there that I actually became sick of those four walls only. I always need some other places to avoid media because it seems less familiar.

I see Vic already being ready, passing me a bagel for our way on the paddoc, that she has made a moment ago. It's our breakfast for today. I take my car keys with a loud clank from them but Vic takes them away from me and closes her hand on them. I look at her confused but she smiles slightly.

"I am driving, you will be talking. I want to know all the details because it's probably the first time I see you so affectionate over somebody. Maybe in love even." she chuckles and opens up the doors to my apartment so we both can leave. I open up the paper bag I had the bagel in and take the first bite before starting the story.

I have told her all of this with a in-look to my thoughts then which had her even more excited then I was when it all actually happened to me. I try to relax when we arrive at the parking lot but as I see the amount of people standing there with the cameras already flashing and cluttering I become more and more anxious. They're for sure going to ask me about the whole situation with Fabio and I have nothing to say. I haven't contacted my PR manager as she is probably coming back from her holiday right now. I don't want to disturb her, she has a lot on her mind already.