Chapter 16

Hyunjin's pov
I walked inside the mansion looking for my father, I knew he was somewhere around the kitchen...he had to close his restaurant because of years ago, and he had to give up on his dream project that's why my mom and I relationship was not the best during the past period but my dad was supportive of my choice...I agreed with my grandfather's proposal at first because I wanted to start a new life I thought I could give the two boys a chance to be happy together...i know my feelings could get out of control sometimes..as sincere as they are they can turn toxic.

However as soon as I left the police station I found out from chan hyung that he lost contact with the older so I was sure that he joined the mafia just as my grandfather told me so I needed to leave to live with him..i need the shins power and privilege to find minho hyung...but it did not work, the darkstone and their leader is keeping the older hidden for some reason.
"hey dad" I entered the kitchen to find my father helping the staff cook at first they were annoyed that he was getting involved in their work and told them how to do things while preparing food but soon after they got used to him.
"oh, son how are you?" he asked with a wide smile.
"I am fine" I answered accepting one of the cookies as just finished" Dad, I think it is time for you to go back to work"I added.

He stopped arranging the freshly baked sweets and looked at me.
"hyunjin, I know you feel guilty but it is okay...i could have continued working..."
"but then grandpa wouldn't have let us meet...i am sorry I have been selfish all these years...i thought I could find minho hyung and I...i just think that what I did was useless...i lost the boys for six years, you had to give up on your dream for me..."
"son your happiness is my dream, you made a decision that did not go as it should but I don't regret what happened neither should you...you can make up for the lost time with the boys." he said gripping my shoulder...i blinked the tears away nodding my head..he was always so supportive of me.

"I will but so will you...this is for you" i said giving him a file.
"hyunjin why did you..."
"it is the least I can do...please dad take it" I cut him off...i brought him a new place for him to open his restaurant again.
"but I don't want to take their money..."
"it is not...it is mine...I worked hard for years, I have money saved up outside of the shins...i know you wouldn't have wanted to take it...but it is from your son...one hundred percent mine" I cut him off again.
"you should keep your money saved..."
" I am a part of the shins now...unlike you I won't give up on my shares here so I am good" I said making him chuckle.
"you are lucky your grandparents trusted you",he replied shaking  his head.

"because I am smart" I answered with a wide smirk.
"honey...." my mom stopped mid-sentence when she saw me standing next to my dad.
"I think I am opening my restaurant again" my father said waving the files.
My mom hummed before she walked passed me " do you want a cookie?" my dad added trying to ease the tension.
"no" the woman replied.
"okay this is enough" dad yelled taking the both of us off guard" I am sick and tired of seeing you act like strangers...honey he is our son why are you doing this?" he added.
"because he made the wrong decision..."

"because of hyunjin you made up with your parents...you got to spend time with your dad before he died..sure your mom is still tense around me... maybe she doesn't like me that much but you finally got what you wanted....years ago you made a sacrifice for me I chose to make the same one to hyunjin we can't blame any of us...i want all of us to be happy....i don't care about the restaurant all I want is to see our family together like we used to" my dad said making me gulp.
"I am really sorry mom" I whispered.
Silence filled the place before she finally talked" I am sorry too for being hard on you but hyunjin, you are messing things up...i need to tell you this, what you did to jisung....marrying him against his will....I got close to him when he was my patient...he is hurting...and you are making things worse for him "she said taking a deep breath" you are taking this too far...are they really worth it?"she added.