2

*2 weeks later*

I looked into the window of my car, running my hands over my hair and slinging my purse over my shoulder.

I let out a breath before turning on my heel and wandering through the parking lot until I found the gates.

I unlocked them with the key they gave me, so I could come in whenever needed.

I needed some extra money because being a waitress wasn't going to pay for an apartment.

So, when I saw that Bruce Bochy was looking for an intern, I jumped at the opportunity.

I ran my hand along the rows of chairs as I wandered, trying to find the office.

I found a door, and behind it was a hallway that led to another door.

Thinking it was an office, I curiously walked to it, pushing it open.

I opened it and saw a half naked man standing there, a towel around his neck.

"Oh fuck. I'm so sorry." I said, covering my eyes and looking down. "I was looking for Bochy."

He chuckled. "It's fine. At least I wasn't naked right?" I looked up with my red cheeks to see Andrew Susac smiling at me. "Are you the new intern?"

He pulled his shirt over his head and grabbed his bag, slinging it over his shoulder.

"Yeah. Do you know where he is?" I asked, fidgeting with the hem of my shirt.

"He's in a meeting right now. But I'll show you around if you'd like?" He asked, running his hand through his wet hair.

"That'd be great. Don't need to be walking in on any more naked guys." I said, causing him to laugh.

"You look really familiar. What's your name again?" He asked, holding the door open.

"Ella Rose." I said looking back at him while he thought about that name.

"Oh! You're the girl who's house burned down recently. I'm so sorry about that. If you need anything, just let me know." He said, giving me a small smile.

"I don't want any charity." I said, sticking my hands in the back pockets of my shorts.

"It's not charity. It's me being a good person." He said, causing me to smile.

He brought me to Bochy's office before stopping me.

"Here's my number. Incase you need anything." He handed me a piece of paper. "Also, do you have a place to stay?"

"I'm staying at a hotel about fifteen minutes from here." I said, slipping the paper into my purse.

"A hotel? No way. You can stay with me." He said, tilting his head and scratching his jaw.

"It's fine." I said, looking down at my feet.

"I'm not asking." he said, causing me to look up and see him smiling.

I huffed. "Ok. I'll call you later."

He nodded before bidding me goodbye and leaving me standing outside Bochy's office.

The door was open so I quietly knocked, seeing as he was on the phone.

"... Listen, I'll have to call you back." Bochy said, hanging up the phone. "Ella come on in."

I walked in and took a seat in one of the chair in front of his desk, crossing my legs and setting my purse on them.

"Find everything ok?" He asked, smiling widely.

"Actually I got lost and ended up in the locker room. And then Andrew showed me around and here I am." I said, causing him to chuckle.

"Andrew's a nice guy. Have you found any apartments yet?" He asked, leaning back in his chair.

"Not any I can afford." I said and he gave me a sad face.

"I'm sorry. You have anywhere to stay besides that cheap motel?" He asked, taking a sip from his coffee.

"Actually, Andrew offered for me to stay with him. I'm not sure though. I just met him." I said, twisting my purse straps between my fingers.

"I think you should. It's an actual home instead of that grimy motel. He's a good guy, he'll protect you. If he doesn't, he'll just run extra laps." He winked and I laughed.

"Anyways, why'd you call me in today?" I asked, chewing on the inside of my lip.

"Oh! I wanted to show you your office." He said, standing up. "Here, follow me."

I stood up and followed him down the hall to a room that had a black door.

"So this is your office." He said, leading me into a room with white walls and a view of the bay.

"It's beautiful." I said, setting my purse down on the chair.

"I'm glad you like it. If there's anything you'd like to add let me know." He laughed and I smiled.

"Ok."

He brought me the posters and some tacks and left to adjust to my new office.

I took my phone off of my desk and pulled Andrew's number out of my purse.

I dialed the number and it rang twice before he picked up.

Hello?

"Hey! Is it cool if I come over now?" I asked, leaning back in my chair.

Yeah! Want me to come there?

"Sure. But I have to go the hotel to get my stuff."

Alright. That's fine. I'll be there in 15.

"Sound good. Bye."

See you soon.

We both hung up the phone and I sighed.

This was actually happening.

I took my hair out of the braid and shook it between my fingers.

I tapped my fingers on the black desk while waiting for Andrew.

There was quiet knock on my door and I looked over to see Andrew looking around.

"It's nice huh?" I asked, standing up from the chair.

"Definitely. Ready?" He asked, smiling.

I grabbed my purse and nodded as he guided me out the door.

He followed me out to my car and stood by the passengers door.

"Did you not drive here?" I asked, unlocking my car.

"Nope." He said and I shook my head.

"Hop in." I jumped into the passengers seat and started the car.

I drove to the motel and parked the car before running up to my room, leaving Andrew in the car.

I grabbed everything and threw it into the box of Joe's stuff, grabbing the keycard and walking to the lobby.

I gave them the keys before walking back out to the car, putting the box in the backseat.

"What's in there?" Andrew asked, meaning the box.

"Oh nothing." I said, chewing on the inside of my lip.

"Nothing?" He smirked and raised his eyebrows. "Can I look?"

"No!" I blurted out suddenly. "I mean, please don't."

He nodded and looked ahead of us.

"Will you give me directions?" I asked, stopping at a red light.

"Yeah." He then gave me the directions as we drove.

I parked my car outside and grabbed the box from the back, following him inside.

"Welcome to my humble home."