17

*a month later*

"Are you sure you have to leave?" Andrew asked and I smiled.

"I'm not that far away Andrew." I said.

"Yeah but you're not here." He said sadly.

"I'll still see you Andrew, don't worry." I gave him a hug and he sighed.

"I guess."

"Love you." I said, giving him a big hug.

"Love you too." He said, wrapping his arms around my and resting his chin on my forehead.

"I'll see you in a few days ok?" I said, grabbing his cheeks and squishing them together.

"Ok." He smiled and I walked over by the door.

I smiled once more before Joe and I walked out to the car.

"It's gonna be so weird not living here." I said to Joe as we looked at the house through my window.

"It will be, but now we are at a new point in our lives. I think it'll be good for our relationship." He smiled and I leaned over the center console, giving him a quick kiss on the cheek.

We drove to the new house, pulling into the drive way and unlocking it.

I walked in to piles of boxes and random furniture everywhere.

"Well, this should be an interesting night." I said.

"There's nothing in the fridge!" Joe called and I shook my head.

"Well duh. It's our first night and all our food is at Andrew's. What do you want to order?" I asked, poking my head into the kitchen.

"Pizza." He said and I nodded, walking back out into the living room. I ordered our pizza and sat on the couch, crossing my legs underneath me.

"Hello babe." Joe said, sitting on the couch beside me.

"Hello there." I smiled, leaning my head on his shoulder.

We sat like that, doing nothing, for about thirty minutes until there was a knock at the door.

I got up and paid the pizza delivery man before taking the box from his hands and paying him.

I walked back over to the couch and sat down, opening the box on my lap.

"Are you not gonna get plates?" Joe asked and I look at him like he was crazy.

"Nope." I said, grabbing a slice and taking a bite. He laughed before grabbing a slice of his own.

___________

I rolled over and jumped when I ran into a body, but relaxing when I remember that it was just Joe.

I stood up and stretched, grabbing my phone to check the time. I panicked when I realized that it was almost twelve.

"Joe! Get up." I said and he groaned. "Seriously it's almost twelve. You have to be at the field in two hours."

With that, he lazily, but quickly got up.

"You get dressed. I'll figure something out for breakfast." I said, kissing his cheek from behind before walking downstairs.

I opened the fridge, literally looking at nothing. "Wow, he really wasn't lying."

"Babe!" Joe called, jogging downstairs.

"There is no food." I said and he smiled.

"Yes I know." He grinned.

"If you want you can grab food on your way to the park." I said and he tilted his head.

"What are you going to eat?" He asked.

I shrugged, "I'll figure it out. You need to go. I'll see you after practice."

I gave him a quick kiss before rushing him out the door. I shut it behind him before running upstairs to our room.

I changed into one of Joe's jersey's, a pair of spandex, and some Giants socks.

I plugged my phone into some speakers before turning on music and beginning go unpack some boxes.

____________

"Ooh girl you're shining
Like a 5th avenue diamond
And they don't make you like they used to
You're never going out of style

Ooh pretty baby
This world might've gone crazy
The way you save me
Who can blame me
When I just wanna make you smile"

I slid down the hallway, playing the air drums to the beat of the song.

I danced around the living room, unpacking random boxes.

I was standing on my tip toes trying to hang up a picture. I stuck my tongue out in concentration.

"She looks just like you, Hunter." I heard someone say in a whisper.

I looked over to see Joe standing there with his phone in his hand and a smile on his face. Behind him was Andrew, Hunter and Brandon.

"Haha so funny." I said, playfully glaring at them.

"That was quite a show you put on." Joe said grinning.

"Oh shut up." I said, shutting off my music.

"You got a lot done today." Joe said, looking around the house.

"Well duh. I'm not helpless." I said.

"Have you eaten today?" Joe asked and I shook my head.

"You haven't eaten all day?" Brandon asked.

"Well isn't that what I just said?"

"Don't sass me missy." He said and I laughed.

"Well let's get you something to eat." Joe said, walking into the kitchen.

"I'm really not hungry." I said, grabbing the picture I was trying to hang up earlier.

"You need to eat baby." He wined.

"I'm just not hungry!" I said and he pouted. "Don't be a baby."

I stood on my tiptoes trying to hang up the picture.

"You," I pointed towards Brandon. "Help me."

He got off the couch and walked towards me, taking the picture and hanging it for me.

"Thank you." I said and he smiled.

I looked back over at Joe, who was still pouting. I rolled my eyes and sighed before walking into the kitchen and grabbing some fruit snacks.

"Happy now?" I asked, sitting on the couch.

He rolled his eyes before sitting next to me.

"You guys are so sassy to each other." Hunter said and I playfully glared at Joe.

"Yeah Joe." I said and he stuck his tongue out at me.

"I'm kidding. I love you." I said, poking his cheek.

"I love you too." He said and I smiled cheekily.

"Ok ok. Enough love." Andrew said, pretending to throw up.

I giggled at him before turning off my music and turning on the tv.