14

*around six months later*

"Ugh, I have to leave for work in twenty minutes." I wined, lazily standing up from my bed.

"Ella, it's almost ten o'clock at night. You have work right now?" Joe said, sitting up on the bed.

"Yes Joe. Remember, I work at a bar?" I said, pulling on my black skinny jeans.

"Why do you always get the late shifts?" He said, sounding mad.

"I try and get the shifts later so I can still watch your games. Is that a problem? Would you rather me miss them?" I asked, buttoning my shirt up.

"Well there are always desperate guys at bars during the late hours. I just get worried." He sighed.

"About what? You think I'd cheat on you?" I said, my arms dropping to my side.

"No! You think I don't trust you?" He asked, walking closer to me.

"Sure sounds like you don't." I mumbled, brushing my hair back into a ponytail.

"Ella, you're being ridiculous."

"Am I? Those guys respect a taken woman." I asked, raising my eyebrows.

"Or so you think." He said.

"Whatever. I'm going to work. I'll see you later." I scoffed, grabbing my car keys and purse, walking out of the room.

When I walked through the living room, Andrew tried to stop me.

"Andrew, seriously I need to go." I pushed away from him and left the house, jumping into my car.

I quietly drove to work, wiping carefully under my eyes so my tears didn't ruin my makeup.

I parked my car behind the building and went in through the back door, waving to some of my co-workers.

I went out to the front of the bar, tying my apron as I did so. I got up front and began taking orders from people up there.

___________

*two hours later*

Joe's POV

I laid on the bed, television playing blatantly in the background. My phone vibrated on the side table next to me.

I rolled over to see what it was, seeing that it was a text from Ella.

I rolled my eyes and set my phone back down, rolling over and trying to go to bed.

Ella's POV

I continue to wipe down the counters, looking up to see a man standing in the corner watching me.

"Um, sir? We're closed, you need to leave." I said and he tilted his head up, his eyes meeting mine before he scurried out of the building.

I set the rag under the counter and wiped my hands on my apron before untying it and slinging it over my shoulder.

I locked the front doors and side door before closing all the blinds and walking out the back door.

I groaned internally at the pouring rain before locking the door quickly and jogging to my car.

I looked in my rearview and saw that same man leaning against the wall.

I slowly reached my hand down and locked my door, keeping my eyes on him. I started driving away when I saw him get into his car.

I sped up a bit as I drove home. He took every turn I did, which worried me. I started taking every turn there was, which he also took.

I pulled over on the side of the road, taking out my phone and texting Joe.

To: My Baby❤️😍🔐
Joe, I know we're fighting but I think someone's following me. Send help. I'm about thirty minutes from the park. I love you so much.

I started to pull away and looked at my gas meter when it said it was almost empty.

I sighed and kept my phone in my lap as I started to drive to the nearest gas station.

I got there and pulled up to a pump, looking around to make sure that man wasn't around.

I quickly got out of my car and walked over to the pump. I opened the gas tank when I heard footsteps behind me.

I jumped when I saw that it was that same man. "What do you want from me?"

"I want to feel you." The stench of alcohol on his breath made me want to puke.

"Leave me alone." I sneered, pulling the pump out of the tank.

"C'mon baby. Just one kiss." He grabbed my wrist and I tried jerking it away but he pushed me against my car.

"Get off of me." I tried pushing him off of him. He wouldn't budge as his hands roamed over my body. I could feel the bruises forming on my wrist.

I felt the tears streaming down my cheeks as I continued to try and push him off of me.

I reached my arm up and smashed my cast onto his head repeatedly until I saw the blood dripping over the orange.

I kicked his shins and jumped in my car, driving away, leaving his crippled body lying on the ground.

I drove home and busted in the door, my head whipping around looking for Joe.

"Jesus Ella. What happened?" Andrew voice made me head whip towards him.

"Where's Joe?" I asked, my tears blurring my vision.

"Ella?" Joe's voice made me look at him.

I ran over to him, jumping into his arms.

"Baby, why are you crying?" He asked, rubbing my back.

I didn't do anything but shake my head. "Baby," he brought us over to the couch. Andrew was also sat down with us.

"You need to tell me what happened." I brought my hand up to my face to wipe my cheeks.

"What happened to your wrist?" He asked.

"I was leaving work and, and there was this weird guy there who wouldn't leave. I started driving and he was following me everywhere I went so I pulled over and texted Joe. Then I went to a gas station because my car would have run out of gas before I got here. Well, when I got out he came out of nowhere and he uh-"

"You don't need to finish." Joe said and I sat back in the couch. "You need to get some sleep baby. C'mon."

"Goodnight El. I'll talk to you in the morning." Andrew said and I nodded to him, following behind Joe.

Joe pushed me in front of him and I jumped at his hand touching my lower back.

"It's okay baby. I'm not going to hurt you. Let's just get you to bed." I followed him into the room. I walked over to the bed and climbed into it, pulling the blanket up.

____________

Lol I got my numbers mixed up somehow??? Idk how but it happened so yeah.