10

NLDS

Game four @ San Francisco

_______________

"Let's go Vogey!" I yelled, as the team ran out onto the field.

The top of the first inning was scoreless, as well as the bottom.

I stood up from my seat and began to walk back to get food. I was really craving garlic fries at the moment, and they were the best here.

I went and got in line, watching the game on the small televisions as I waited.

I finally got to the front and ordered some and thanked the man who served them to me before going back to my seat right when Gregor came up to bat.

He walked, which forced a run and made the score 1-0.

Joe came up to bat and and got a RBI single and I cheered for him, watching him point in my direction from first base.

The next inning was completely scoreless and I let out a breath of ease.

I sat back in my chair, my body releasing some of the tension that had built up inside me. I tightened the blanket Joe had given me around my shoulders, flipping the hood up on my sweatshirt.

It was now the fifth inning and Vogey had been looking very comfortable on the mound.

It wasn't until Ian Desmond got a single and when Bryce Harper came up to bat, I felt that same nervousness in my stomach building up.

Bryce doubled, bringing Ian home. I was somewhat relieved that he didn't homer, but the score was now 2-1 in the fifth inning.

After the final outs of the first half of that inning, the Nationals took the field.

Praying that we could get a run, I sat forward on my knees.

The bases were loaded and I felt the anticipation in every person in AT&T Park.

But to my dismay, we got our three outs, stranding the bases.

The sixth inning was also scoreless, both ways. The nervousness was not going to ease up.

Hunter Strickland was now pitching and I was still on the edge of my seat.

Bryce came up to bat again and hit a solo homer, tying the game at 2-2.

I groaned and rubbed my hands over my face, wanting this inning to end already. When it finally did, I let out a breath.

The relief pitcher got the first out and I held my breath when Joe came up to the plate.

He got a single and I jumped up and cheered for him, cupping my hands around my mouth as I yelled 'that's my boy!'

Buster was up next and I held my hands up to my mouth as I usually do when I'm nervous. He also got a single, loading two of the three bases.

They changed pitchers and brought in Aaron Barret to face Hunter Pence.

Hunter walked and slowly jogged to first base while Pablo warmed up.

Pablo walked over to the batters box and waited for Aaron to pitch.

Aaron threw a wild pitch and Pablo jumped out of the batters box, signaling for Joe to run home.

Joe ran and slid into home safely, bringing the Giants ahead 3-2.

I jumped and screamed along with the rest of the Giants fans, watching as Joe ran back to the dugout with a smile on his face.

After the last out of the seventh inning, the Giants took the field again with Sergio pitching. He pitched a perfect eighth and we didn't score in our half of the eighth inning.

Santiago Casilla was pitching in the ninth. He got the first out and I slowly felt myself letting go of the nervousness.

Second out and all the Giants fans stood up, holding our hands up to our faces and remaining silents.

When he got the third out, all the fans went crazy. The Giants stormed the field and jumped around while I snuck down to the locker room.

I heard the thundering footsteps of the team and leaned up against Joe's locker.

When he walked in, I ran over to him, jumping into his arms as he dropped his bag.

He wrapped his arms around my waist to support me as he spun us both around.

"You did it baby." I said into his neck and he leaned his head back far enough to see me. He ducked his head down and pressed his lips against my own.

We pulled back and looked around to see all the boys pulling their goggles down. I reached my hands up and pulled his down before we felt all the liquids on our clothes and faces.

___________

Actual goals is to be the girl friend of a Giants player on the run to the World Series.

Ahh, I love baseball so much😍😍

I hope the Giants are still cute when I'm old enough to date them😉😉 but seriously.

I hope you liked this chapter because for some reason it was hard for me to write.