15

Ella's POV

I woke up to silence, complete silence. I stayed put and turned on my tv, signing on to Netflix.

I turned on Pretty Little Liars and pulled up my blanket to my chin.

There was a quiet knock at the door and I ignored it, keeping my eyes focused on the tv.

"Ella.." Joe voice made me turn my head towards him.

"I really just want to be alone and watch Pretty Little Liars all day." I said, shifting under my blankets.

"I know, and I respect that. But I brought you some food." He handed me a plate of pancakes.

"Thank you." I said and he stood up, beginning to walk out. "Joe,"

He turned around, his hand on the doorknob. "I love you."

"I love you too baby." He smiled and I smiled back, looking down at my plate of food.

It was amazing that even after all this time together, those words could make my heart flutter.

I cut into my pancakes, slowly eating it. I started to feel sick so I set the plate down, laying back on my bed.

____________

"Ella.." Someone was shaking my shoulder. My eyes lazily opened as they adjusted to the light in the room, the person standing above me turning out to be Joe.

"What's up?" I asked tiredly, sitting up and rubbing my eyes.

"Um, Andrew brought you some company." He said, walking over to the door and opening it.

A little dog jumped up on the bed, trotting over to me. "Awh. She's so adorable." I said, scratching behind her ears. "Why?"

"Well, since you won't let any people around you, we thought you should at least have something." He said and I sighed.

"Come here." I asked, patting the space next to me. He reluctantly walked over to me, sitting next to me.

"I know how hard it is for you to not be around me. It's just hard for me to be touched in that way." I said and he looked at me.

"Baby, stop. You don't need to apologize for what happened. I completely understand if you need time, but it concerns me that you're locking yourself away from us all and watching Pretty Little Liars all day."

"I just, it's hard." I said, looking down at my lap. He reached his hand over and grabbed mine. I jumped at his touch.

"Baby, calm down. If you're going to get better you're going to need to know that we won't hurt you, especially me. I promise."

I reached my hand up and cradled his cheek, leaning over and kissing him softly.

"I love you so much. Let me just change really quick." I whispered and he smiled, nodding eagerly before getting up and leaving the room.

I grabbed a pair of sweatpants off the floor and pulled them over my spandex. I threw my hair into a bun and opened the door, slowly walking into the living room.

The dog followed behind me, running ahead of me and then stopping to look at me. I got out there to see a few of the boys sitting out there, looking at me.

"Hey." I said quietly.

"Hey El." Andrew said, scooting over on the couch. "Take a seat."

I walked over to the spot, sitting down and letting the dog jump on my lap.

"What's her name?" Madison asked, looking at the dog.

"She doesn't have one yet. Got any ideas?" I asked, looking around the room.

"How about Sadie?" Crawford suggested.

I smiled. "Sounds great."

"Are you feeling better?" Buster asked, looking at me nervously.

"Yes, but I don't want to talk about it." I said and he nodded. "Do you guys want anything to eat?"

"Um no. We're fine." Brandon said, smiling at me.

I shrugged and walked into the kitchen, grabbing an apple out of the fridge. I washed it off in the sink and began walking out of the kitchen when I heard the boys talking.

"How is she so happy?" Brandon whispered.

"She doesn't want to think about it. And I think keeping her busy will help with that so let's just not talk about it and do stuff when we don't have games to keep her mind off of it." Joe said and I leaned against the door frame.

"Alright. Since we have a few days off in a row we should go to the circus tomorrow." Andrew offered and I walked back out into the living room, squeezing in between Joe and Brandon.

"You're crushing me." Brandon said, acting as if he couldn't breathe.

"You're fine." I said, leaning my head against Joe's chest.

He glared playfully at me, shifting so he was more comfortable.

"So Ella. We were thinking of going to the circus with some more of the boys tomorrow? You in?" Andrew asked.

"Sounds fun. Is George going because I miss Grey." I stuck my bottom lip out.

"We will invite George and Abby, yes." Joe said and I smiled. I reached my hands up and squeezed his cheeks, kissing him quickly.

I leaned back down, wrapping my arms around my waist and laying back down on his chest.

"You guys are seriously so cute stop." Madison wined and I smiled.

"I'd rather not." I said and he stuck his tongue out.

Joe's fingers trailed up and down my back, sending chills up my spine.

__________