18

"I'm going to practice babe." Joe said, kissing my forehead.

"Alright. I'll be there in about an hour. Have fun!" I said, grabbing a pair of shorts out of my dresser.

"I love you." He said, smiling.

"Love you too. Be safe." I waved to him as he jogged out the door.

I slipped my shorts on and pulled my shirt on over my head, running my fingers through my hair.

I did light makeup before making faces in the mirror and grabbing my purse.

I began walking towards the door but Sadie was wining. "I'll be right back, I'm just going to the store."

She barked in response and I laughed, opening the door and slipping outside.

I opened the door to my car and sat in the front seat, slipping my sunglasses on. I started it and back out of the driveway. 

I got the store and parked way in the back because there were no open spaces towards the front.

I locked my car and lazily slung my purse over my shoulder, reading a text from Joe.

From: Baby😘❤️👫💍
The boys and I have a surprise for you. Come to practice as soon as possible.

To: Baby😘❤️👫💍
I'm just at the store atm. Give me like 30 minutes.

I slipped my phone into the back pocket of my shorts and ran a hand through my hair.

I walked to the back of the store and grabbed a thing of water before walking back up to the front and paying for it.

I thanked the lady who rang me up and carried it out to my car, setting it on the seat next to mine.

I rolled my windows down as I came up to a stop light, impatiently tapping my fingers on the leather steering wheel.

"Aye girl!" I looked over to see a car full of men looking at me like I was a piece of meat.

I rolled my eyes away from them before stepping on the gas pedal, driving away from the car full of immaturity.

I pulled into the parking lot of AT&T park and grabbed a water bottle before getting out of my car.

I pulled my sunglasses down and walked into the empty stadium, hearing the occasional bat hit a ball.

I smiled as I looked down at the boys, running around like little kids.

It was around the All-Star game and they were ecstatic for their teammates who were going to Cincinnati.

I slipped my sunglasses over my hair and took a sip of my water as I walked through the clubhouse.

"Hey Jeremy. Have you see Joe?" I asked him.

"Yeah he's up on the field with a few of the other boys." He said and I thanked him before walking up the steps to the dugout.

I looked around before I finally found him and jogged over to him.

I poked his side, "hey you."

"Hey love." He said, pulling me into a hug.

"Ew you're all sweaty." I said, fake gagging.

"Be quiet. I've got something to tell you." He said, pulling me away from the group of guys.

"What's up? Everything ok?" I asked, looking up at him concerned.

"Guess what?" He asked, the smile on his face growing.

"What?"

"I made it on the All-Star team!"

"Seriously?" I asked.

He nodded and I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"I'm so proud of you baby!" I said, kissing him.

"Oh so now you hug me." He said and I rolled my eyes.

"Shut up." I said, lightly pushing him.

"Really?" He said, smirking.

"Yikes.." I said before starting to run away.

He quickly grabbed me and picked me up, slinging me over his shoulder.

"Put me down, I'm thirsty." I wined and he put me down. 

I grabbed my water bottle and started go drink it when he ripped it out of my hands and poured it all over me.

"I hate you." I said, sticking my tongue out at him.

"No you don't." He said, placing his hands around my waist and pulling me towards him.

"I know. But I am really proud of you." I said, the smile returning to his face.

"I love you baby." He said, leaning closer to me.

"I love you too." I said, closing the gap between our faces.

We were interrupted by a water jug being poured on us.

"I'm going to get you guys." I said, chasing after Angel and Madison.

____________

Look who's out of hibernation!!😏😏

Anyways, should I post the first chapter of my Susac book? Comment......

Susac book is up. It's called Stuck On You!