12

World Series

Game 7 @ Kansas City

____________

"Do you want donuts?" I asked Joe through the speaker on my phone.

Of course!!

"Alright. I'll be back at the hotel in about fifteen minutes." I said, walking to the back of the Walmart I was in.

Okay. Be careful.

"I will," I sing-songed. "I love you."

I love you too.

We both hung up the phone and I grabbed a box of chocolate donuts, knowing those were Joe's favorite.

I went to a checkout station and got a dirty look from the lady behind the counter.

She scanned my donuts and I paid her, feeling her stare into the back of my head as I left the store.

I shook my head as I got into my car, starting it as I began to drive back to the hotel.

I got there and parked the car, locking it and walking to my room.

I got there and unlocked, opening it to see most the team sitting there.

"Why?" I asked, kicking my shoes off.

"We heard you were buying donuts." Buster said.

"I only have a box." I said, throwing the box at him. "Have fun."

I sat next to Joe, who wrapped an arm around my waist. "Do you want any?"

"No. I don't feel well." I laid my head on his shoulder. He rubbed my back and kissed my forehead before looking back over to the boys.

______________

"Joe, can you grab my sweatshirt?" I asked while putting my hair into a bun.

"Where?" He asked, looking around the room.

"Right there!" I snapped, pointing at it.

"Sorry." He said, throwing my jacket at me.

I sighed, "I'm sorry love. I just really don't feel good."

"Then stay here. I don't want you to get more sick." He said.

"No. I'm going to this game. I don't care how I feel." I slipped my sweatshirt over my head.

"Alright." He sighed, grabbing my hand and pulling me out to the car.

__________

"Let's go boys!" I cupped my hands around my mouth to be louder.

The first inning was scoreless for both teams so we are now in the second.

Pablo was up to bat, taking a practice swing before stepping up to the plate.

He got hit by the pitch, slowly dropping his bat and jogging to first base.

Hunter Pence was up next. "Let's go Hunter!" I screamed.

Hunter singled to right field and now Brandon Belt was up.

Brandon also singled, loading the bases for Michael Morse.

"Come on Morsey." I said under my breath.

Morse hit it out into the outfield and I was praying it would leave the park.

It ended up just being a sacrifice fly, but Pablo still scored, making us lead 1-0.

Brandon Crawford did the same, driving in Pence to make the score 2-0.