11

NLCS

Game 5 @ San Francisco

___________

"Baby, wake up." Joe's voice brought me into reality. My eyes fluttered open to see Joe standing over me with bedhead. "We should probably get up."

I pushed myself up with my hands and rubbed my eyes before throwing the blanket off of me and getting out of the bed.

I began to walk to the bathroom but Joe yanked me back to him.

"Where's my good morning kiss?" He stuck his bottom lip out.

"I haven't brushed my teeth yet." I said.

"Neither have I." He said and I sighed, giving in. I gave him a quick kiss before walking to the bathroom.

I grabbed a towel from the linen closet and closed the door. I started the water and threw my clothes into the laundry basket.

I heard a meowing outside the door so I opened it a crack, letting Oliver run into the bathroom.

He jumped up onto the counter and just sat there, watching me intently.

I petted his head before carefully getting into the shower.

I washed my hair with my coconut scented shampoo and conditioner before washing my body and face.

I got out and wrapped a towel around my body before walking back out into my room and seeing Joe changing into a pair of jeans.

"Hey baby." He said, pulling a shirt over his head.

"Hey love." I said, kissing his cheek before walking over to my closet.

"You know, that towel would look a lot better on the floor." He smirked at me and I shook my head.

"Nice try." I said, continuing to look for my closet. I pulled out a pair of skinny jeans and black muscle tank that said 'Giants' on the front and '12' on the back.

I grabbed my black lace bra and underwear from my dresser before walking back into the bathroom.

I got dressed quickly and decided to let my hair dry naturally. I did my makeup before walking back into my room and setting Oliver on the bed. I poured him a little bowl of food and water before leaving the room, shutting the door behind me.

I walked out into the living room, telling Andrew 'good morning' and walking into the kitchen.

I quickly got and ate a bowl of cereal before walking into the living room and sitting next to Joe who pulled my closer to his body.

"You guys ready for tonight?" I asked, grazing my fingers over Joe's back.

"Nervous." Andrew responded and Joe agreed.

"Understandable. But I think you guys can do it." I said and Joe rested his hand on my inner thigh, squeezing it. "When do you have to be up there?"

"Around two." Andrew informed me. I replied with 'ok' as the room fell silent again.

____________

I sat on my bed in the room Joe and I shared while he got his stuff together.

"I'm so nervous baby." He said, wiping the palms of his hand on his pants.

I grabbed his wrists and held them up by my face. I stood up and grabbed his face, kissing him.

"You'll be just fine." I said against his lips, his body relaxing.

"I love you." He said, hugging me tightly.

"I love you too." I rubbed his back and kissed the skin under his ear.

"You guys ready?" Andrew popped his head into my room.

"Yep." Joe responded picking up his bag and grabbing my hands as we left the house.

I drove us all to the ballpark and parked the car right outside the gates.

We all got out of the car and Joe and I walked hand in hand to the locker room.

He turned to look at me, he had a nervous look on his face.

"Come here." I said, taking his bag from his hands and putting it on the bench beside us.

I took his hands into mine and rubbed my thumb over his knuckles.

"You're going to just fine, I promise. If you get nervous, just look over at me. I'll be right behind you're dugout." I said and he kissed me before hugging me.

"I love you so much baby girl." He said quietly.

"I love you too baby." I said, picking up his bag and handing it to him. "Now go win this."

___________

Two innings in and Madison had been solid. AT&T Park was going absolutely wild and the game had just started.

But in the third inning, when Madison had walked two people, my stress levels were high. I couldn't imagine the boys because mine were off the charts.

John Jay came up to bat and hit a double, driving in one run.

"C'mon boys!" I screamed, swinging my orange towel along with the rest of the Giants fans.

Joe looked over at me for a split second and I held the 'ok' hand sign up, him refocusing on the game.

They got the last out and jogged off the field, getting ready for the second half of the third inning.

Gregor was up to bat first. He hit a single into left field and then Joe was up to bat.

The first pitch was a strike. The second pitch Joe made contact, the ball flying out into the outfield.

I stood from my seat and watched the ball fly over the heads of the outfielders.

It went into the stands and I screamed along with the other Giants fans. He rounded the bases, looking up at me when he got to third.

I mouthed 'I told you' and he smiled, shaking his head as he hit home plate.

The third inning was over quickly, bringing us to the fourth.

The fourth inning was a sad inning for the Giants. Bummy gave up two solo home runs to bring the score to 3-2.

The score remained that way until the eighth inning, when Michael Morse was pinch-hitting.

Michael hit a homer to left to tie the game, 3-3. I jumped from my seat and cheered, screaming and swinging the towel around.

The next three batters were out, bringing us into the ninth. Santiago was pitching.

He gave up a single and walked two, when Boch brought out Jeremy Affeldt. Jeremy struck out Oscar Taveras, the game heading into the bottom of the ninth.

In the ninth inning the Cardinals brought in a new pitcher, who put two players on base.

Travis Ishikawa came up to bat, taking a few practice swings before stepping into the batters box.

Travis hit a long fly ball, everyone is the park watching it fly into the stands. I jumped up and screamed, watching my boys run out onto the field, surrounding home plate.

While they were celebrating, I decided to head down to the locker room. I got there right as the boys did and Joe ran up to me, engulfing me into a bone crushing hug.

"We did it baby!" He screamed over the cheering of the boys.

"I know! I told you!" I yelled, hugging him again. He held onto me tightly as the boys jumped around, spraying beer onto each other.

___________

TWO UPDATES IN ONE DAY?!?!?!?

This only happened because I can't watch the Giants game😒😒😒

Anyways, this was really fun to write😂😂

Enjoyyyy!!!