13

*a few weeks later*

"Babyyy, please buy me chocolate." I wined, giving Joe the puppy face.

"No. It's almost twelve in the morning. I'm not going to buy you chocolate." He said, scratching his chest.

"Pleaseee," I climbed onto his chest. "I love you so much." I kissed all over his face.

"I'm not going to buy you chocolate." He laughed, squishing my cheeks.

I stood up from the bed. "Yes you are. And you need to put a shirt on."

"No I don't. I'm not leaving." He said, chuckling.

"I'm putting a shirt on you." I walked over to his dresser and pulled out a black tee. I walked back over and started putting it on him.

"You're absolutely ridiculous." He said laughing, pulling out his phone.

"I need pants. Let me put on pants." I walked over to my closet and pulled out a pair of jeans.

He started to take a video of me. "She thinks I'm going to get her chocolate." He stood up and walked over to me, only showing my upper body.

"You're taking me to get chocolate." I said, buttoning my jeans.

"It's almost twelve." He said, smiling.

"If you know what's best for you, you'll take me to get chocolate." I said, looking at the camera.

"I'm not taking you to get chocolate." He said and I sighed.

"Fine. Then can I have some money to go buy some?" I asked him and nodded.

He gave me some money and kissed his cheek before grabbing my car keys and walking out to my car.

I started my car and began driving when I saw that I had received a text. I looked down for a split second to see that it was from Brandon Crawford.

I decided that I'd answer it when I was done driving, since it was so unsafe.

When I looked back up, I had to swerve to avoid a car coming my way. I looked at the car to see the man with a phone in his hand before I felt a pressure in my side and everything went black.

____________

Joe's POV

It had been about an hour since Ella left and I was beginning to get a little worried.

I went out into the living room to see Andrew sitting on the couch. "Andrew," his head turned towards me. "Have you heard from Ella?"

"No but I saw her leave a while ago. Why?" He asked, taking a bite out of his sandwich.

"She only went to the store to get chocolate and it's been like an hour. It shouldn't take that long." I said, sitting on the couch across from him.

"There was probably just a long line. I'm sure she's ok." He said and I nodded.

"Ok." I sighed, getting up and starting to walk back to mine and Ella's room when there was a knock at the door.

I gave Andrew a confused look before walking over to the door. I opened it to see a police officer standing there.

"May I help you?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows.

"Ah, Mr. Panik. I'm afraid I have some bad news to tell you. May I come in?"

"Um sure." I opened the door wider to let him in and closed it behind him.

"Miss. Rose has been in a car accident. She's at Saint Francis Memorial Hospitals if you would like to go see her. We're sorry to bug you at this hour but this was her last residence." He said and I nodded, anxious to get in my car and get to the hospital.