Hogwarts

Leaning against the window, Renevia could seeHogwarts coming nearer, its many lighted windows blurred and shimmering behind the thick curtain of rain. Lightning flashed across the sky as their carriage came to a halt before the great oak front doors, which stood at the top of a flight of stone steps. People who had occupied the carriages in front were already hurrying up the stone steps into the castle.

Harry, Ron, Hermione, Renevia and Neville jumped down from their carriage and dashed up the steps too, looking up only when they were safely inside the cavernous, torch-lit entrance hall,with its magnificent marble staircase.

Renevia looked up to the ceiling which she happen to see Peeves the Poltergeist holding water bombs ,ready to drop it any second.

She quickly  pulls Hermione aside who's staggering as she is shaken due to the force.

"Woah—"

Just then, A large, red, water-filled balloon had dropped from out of the ceiling into Ron’s head and exploded. Drenched and sputtering, Ron staggered sideways into Harry, just as a second water bomb dropped — narrowly missing Hermione and Renevia.

Hermione looked quite relieved.

People all around them shrieked and started pushing one another in their efforts to get out of the line of fire. 

Renevia looked up again, Peeves was having fun and took aim again with his malicious face.

"PEEVES!" yelled an angry voice. "Peeves, come down here at ONCE!"

Professor McGonagall had dashing out of the Great Hall;she skidded on the wet floor and grabbed Renevia around the neck and Hermione's arm to stop herself from falling.

"Ouch—sorry,Miss Donovan,Miss Granger—"

"That's all right, Professor!" Said Hermione gasped, massaging her arms and Renevia gave the elderly a weak nod, rubbing her sore neck.

“Peeves, get down here NOW!” barked Professor McGonagall, straightening her pointed hat and glaring upward through her square-rimmed
spectacles.

“Not doing nothing!” cackled Peeves, lobbing a water bomb at several fifth-year girls, who screamed and dived into the Great Hall. “Already wet, aren’t they? Little squirts! Wheeeeeeeeee!” And he aimed another bomb at a group of second years who had just arrived.

“I shall call the headmaster!” shouted Professor McGonagall. “I’m warning you, Peeves —”

Peeves stuck out his tongue, threw the last of his water bombs into the air,and zoomed off up the marble staircase, cackling insanely.

Maniac. Truly maniac.

Renevia shook her head in helpless at the disappearing ghost.

“Well, move along, then!” said Professor McGonagall sharply to the bedraggled crowd. “Into the Great Hall, come on!"

Harry, Ron, Renevia and Hermione slipped and slid across the entrance hall and through the double doors on the right, Ron muttering furiously under his breath as he pushed his sopping hair off his face.

The Great Hall looked its usual splendid self, decorated for the start-of-term feast. Golden plates and goblets gleamed by the light of hundreds and hundreds of candles, floating over the tables in midair. The four long Housetables were packed with chattering students; at the top of the Hall, the staff satalong one side of a fifth table, facing their pupils. It was much warmer here.

Harry, Ron, Renevia and Hermione walked past the Slytherins, the Ravenclaws,Band the Hufflepuffs, and sat down with the rest of the Gryffindors at the far side of the Hall, next to Nearly Headless Nick, the Gryffindor Ghost. Pearly white and semitransparent, Nick was dressed tonight in his usual doublet, but with a particularly large ruff, which served the dual purpose of looking extra festive, and ensuring that his head didn't wobble too much on his partially severed neck.