Triwizard Tournament

The sorting had come to an end as Professor McGonagall picked up the hat and the stool and carried them away.

Renevia saw Ron seizing his knife and fork ,looking expectantly at his golden plate. Then she proceeded to look up to Professor Dumbledore who had gotten to his feet, smiling around at the students, his arms opened wode in welcome.

"I have only two words to say to you," he told them, deep voice echoing around the Hall, "Tuck in."

Harry and Ron loudly answered,"hear,hear!" As the empty dishes filled magically before their eyes. Renevia shook her head at their antic, as her hand loaded her plate.

"Aaah, 'at's be'er,"said Ron, with his mouth full of mashed potato. Renevia paid no attention to him as her and hermione talking a lot 'bout their upcoming classes.

Clang.

Hermione had knocked over her golden goblet as she heard Nearly Headless Nick talk about Peeves and house-elves, which nearly caused Renevia to scream out of shock.

"There are house-elves here?" She said, staring horror struck at Nearly Heady Nick." Here at Hogwarts?"

"Certainly," said Nearly Headless Nick, looking surprised at her reaction. "The largest number in any dwelling in Britain, I believe . Over a hundred."

"I've never seen one!" Said Hermione.

"Well, that's because they stay in the kitchen and hardly ever leave and are only out at night to do a bit of cleaning…,"said Renevia, chewing on some fried chicken.

"How do you know? Why don't you tell me?" Asked Hermione, demanding to know the answer.

"Easy there—,mione. If you go to the Hogwarts kitchen, there is the answer."

Hermione didn't answer, instead she turned her next question to Nearly Headless Nick,,"but they get paid?"She said ,"They get holidays, don't they? And—and sick leave, pensions and everything?"

Renevia quickly averted her eyes to Nearly Headless Nick, and saw him chortled, his ruff slipped and his head flopped off, dangling on the inch or so of ghostly skin and muscle that still attached it to his neck. She scrunched her nose at the sight, it was really horrible to see it happen realistically.

"Sick leave and pensions?" He said, pushing his head back into his shoulders and securing it once more with his ruff. "House elves don't want sick leave and pensions!"

Hermione looked down at her hardly touched plate of food and Renevia's ,then put her knife and fork down before grabbing Renevia's, and pushing their plate away from them. Renevia, who was dumbfounded, just let Hermione do the things before Ron's mouthed voice snapped her out of it.

"Oh c'mon, 'er-my-knee," said Ron, accidentally spraying Harry with bits of Yorkshire pudding, "opps, sorry—,'arry—" He swallowed," You won't get them sick leave by starving yourself and sacrificing Rene's appetite!"

"Slave labor," said Hermione, breathing hard through her nose."That's what made this dinner. Slave Labor."
And she refused to eat another bite while Renevia sorrowfully looked at her plate. Harry carefully shoved her spoon of food while looking out at Hermione who was deeply in thought.

Albus Dumbledore got to his feet again. The buzz of chatter filling in the Hall ceased almost at once, so that only the howling wind and pounding rain could be heard.

"So!" Said Dumbledore, smiling around at them all. "Now that we are all fed and watered," Renevia could be heard humming at the speech beside her, "I must once more ask for your attention while I give out a few notices."