Chapter 10

Maeve

I've quickly learned wherever Allie goes, Noah, Kyla or Seth are right behind her.

If he could, Noah would probably glue Allie to his side but I feel like Allie wouldn't go for that.

Right now, Kyla is currently rambling on my couch beside Allie, who had her ankle surgery this morning.

Noah would be here to take care of her but the team left for Edmonton a few days back leaving Kyla to care for her.

But thankfully they should be coming by to pick them up any moment since their flight landed over an hour ago.

Kyla takes a swig of her soda, her show playing quietly on my TV. "Do we think Noah and the boys are going to sue the competition?"

The boys being the whole hockey team.

Allie shrugs from where she lays on the couch, her foot raised up on some pillows.

"I convinced him not too." She sounds tired.

Noah threatened to sue the people who set up the equipment after one of the wires that held the bar up snapped when Allie was competing, resulting in her being thrown off the bar, her ankle taking most of the fall while her other leg came up and hit her in the nose, resulting in her concussion.

Kyla tsks. "Damn. I was kinda hoping to see that."

"Can we watch something else?" Liam asks from where he sits on the floor in front of Allie, and I swear I saw him blushing earlier when she was speaking to him.

"No. All your shows do is brainwash you. Mean Girls, on the other hand educate you."

Kyla tells him and he nods in agreement, clearly falling for her schemes.

I plant two bowls of macaroni on the table. "Liam. Eat."

Kyla drapes a blanket over Allie who's now passed out, setting a timer on her phone to wake her in a few hours.

Kyla snatches her bowl of macaroni, pointing her spoon at me with narrowed eyes.

"What's happening between you and Beckett?"

I glare at her, holding the profanity that wants to escape my mouth in until later when Liam's not around.

"Nothing. He's just can't seem to get over me."

A small smiles spreads on her face slowly, a knowing look spreading faster.

"Hmm. That's the thing. I've never seen him with a girl. Ever. And we all know he never brings them back to his apartment so for him to be stuck on someone, well, it's shocking."

"Why? Because he's all light and happy and I'm grouchy?" I snap, eating my lunch with a little more force than necessary.

She laughs. "No." She thinks about it more. "Maybe. He's always mentioned someone from his past being the one so I thought you'd return the feeling."

My shoulders drop at that. I didn't realize he's mentioned me to them. And I didn't realize how noticeable it was that he's so fucking hung up on me.

I don't say anything and she just sighs.

"Just give home a chance. Hear him out. Who knows, maybe he'll surprise you. He's an amazing guy."

I know he's amazing. That's not the fucking issue. Every time I see him, my blood boils.

With rage or with love? I can't decide.