Chapter 17

Maeve

"Mike!" Someone gags. "Ew, ew, ew!"

"What do you want me to do about it?!"

"Cover my eyes! Anything!"

"God, you're such a child if you can't handle the sight of vomit."

Someone gags again. "Mike, you're such a fucking ass."

"I'd bet you'd love to fuck my ass."

Cam sighs. "Yeah, I would. Damn you for getting me hard."

That's what we hear when we step inside Noah and Allie's apartment, Cam and Mike yelling at each, being little bitches.

Rhys throws his head back, groaning like he's tired of their shit.

So glad Ava could watch Liam tonight.

"What the fuck you guys bitching about?"

Cam raises both his hands up to defend himself, glancing my way quickly but doesn't say anything.

Mike stands gripping the wall as white as a sheet, holding his stomach like he's about to throw up right here.

"Don't get mad-"

Rhys throws his hands up at Cam, his eyes narrowed. "Start. Over."

Cam fiddles with his thumbs in front of him, completely avoiding Rhys's gaze. He swallows nervously.

"So, basically, we were eating ice cream and watching The Office, talking about-wait what were we talking about?" Cam looks to Mike, who still looks sick.

"We were talking about if you can get hard before birth." Mike gags.

Cam snaps his fingers, his mouth hanging open as he nods. "Oh, yeah. So we were talking about how we think you can get hard before birth-"

"We heard that part already," Rhys mumbles, rubbing his temples.

"-and how much it would hurt if you broke your dick. Allie was passed out and then all the sudden she shoots up really fast, clocking Mike in the dick with her elbow and crutched to the bathroom."

Everyone's silent before Rhys erupts. "So why did you feel the need to call me like someone was dying?"

A red tint hits Cam in the cheeks as he stumbles over his words. "Well, neither me or Mike can handle the sight or sound of people vomiting."

Mike gags at just the mention of it.

Pussies.

Rhys is absolutely baffled as he stares at his two best friends-more like ex-best friends- his mouth gaping at them with wide eyes.

"So you've been out here crying like a bunch of pussies?" Rhys asks quietly.

Cam bites his lip, his lips puckered with thought. "Yes?"

Rhys pushes his way past the two dumbos, hitting them each on the shoulder with his own.

"Please tell me you didn't call Capt." Rhys yells as we walk our way down the hall.

Cam jogs up to us just as we stop right in front of the bathroom, physically hiding behind me as he peers over my shoulder. "Fine. I won't tell you."

The cheeky smile he's giving Rhys means he definitely called Noah.

I slap him away when he rests his head on me. "Get the fuck off me."

Cams eyes twinkle, mischief flashing. "Bite me."