Chapter 21

Rhys

"He'll be fine, Maeve. Noah does have a younger sister and Liam loves Allie." I shake my shoulders because we both know Liam is going through his first crush.

Maeve grunts from the passenger seat, twisting her body away from me as she gives me the finger.

I gasp. "Maeve. Don't ignore me or else you'll have to deal with my hard dick."

"Rhys! You can't say shit like that. We're going on a fucking date, for gods sake."

"Wouldn't be a first for both. " I chuckle, watching the way her cheeks go crimson before she rolls her eyes.

"I can't believe I love you, you fucking whank." She huffs, puffing out her chest. I just wanna grab those tits-

"Rhys. My eyes are up here." Her nails dig into my cheeks as she tries to raise my eyes up.

I grin, watching the way her eyes narrow on my happiness. She acts like it's a disease or something.

"But your tits are down there." I point to her chest, licking my lips for dramatic effect before I turn into the bowling alley.

Maeve leans forward, glancing up to the neon sign. "We're going...bowling?"

My knee starts bouncing. "Yeah, I thought-" I clear my throat "-we used to go all the time when you would stay over at my house. I loved when you stayed over." I admit, memories of her the only thing I want to hang onto from our childhood.

She smiles softly, meeting my eyes with. "I loved when you used to read to me when we were like, 14? When I couldn't sleep? So you went out and bought almost a dozen chapter books."

"I still have those books. They're back at my apartment. I'll bring them over so I can read them to Liam. I think he'll like that."

She nods, her smiling growing just a smidge. "I think he would too." She says softly.

We settle into a cozy silence, both of us getting lost in memories that are most likely not friendly.

I slap my thighs. "Let's go bowling! I also have a little extra activity for us to do."

She watches me from the corner of her eye. "If you tell me that this extra activity is fucking, then you'll be fucking your first."

I bark out a laugh. "No, but if you're up to it..."

She slaps the back of my head. Ow. "I'll go get us a table while you grab our activity."

"Don't say it like that!" I pout, grabbing the bag of supplies before I jog after her like a lost puppy.

She's already gotten our shoes and a lane for us when I make it through the group of teen boys standing at the front asking for my autograph.

Is this what Capt feels like 'cuz I'm blushing.

Maeve juts her chin toward the bag. "What's in there? Food? Dildos? Drinks? All acceptable."

I tie my laces. "Wrong, wrong and wrong. We're going to paint wooden trucks for Liam."

Prior to picking Maeve and Liam up, I hit the craft store to buy acrylic paint, paint brushes and two wooden trucks that are the size of my hand along with something called Modge Podge.

Nova blinks at the pile of supplies, running her hand over her truck. "This-this is perfect. Liam will love these, especially since his birthday is next week."

I swear I see something like tears forming in her eyes but she quickly hides it by standing and grabbing a pink sparkly ball.

"Hey! That was mine."