Sweet Nothing

The drive back to Lexan was calm because Jade was driving and Rin was sleeping. Geo looked out the window the whole night, Willow sat in between Geo and I to stop us from arguing. The moon's light shined on Geo's pale skin, his eyes seemed crystal blue at night. I ended up falling asleep on Willow's shoulder, she fell asleep on mine.

I had another nightmare, it was the same one that I had been having for weeks. The man from before pinned me up against the wall, I tried my best to fight back, and tried to stop him over and over again. He hit me and beat me until I lost my will to fight back. While he was beating me he would whisper how weak I was into my ear.

"You are weak," He scoffed, grabbing me by my waist and pulling me close to me.

"Stop it," I cried out in pain. He threw me onto the floor and then every thing went black.

Willow tapped me on my shoulder and woke me up.

Are you okay? She signed.

"Yeah, I'm fine, just a bad dream," I muttered, trying to catch my breath.

Another? Willow signed.

"Yeah," I sighed.

The nightmares were relentless and exhausting, I was having one every night.

I looked over at Geo, he was still staring out of the window. I couldn't tell if he was sleeping or not; his eyes were open so he probably was awake. He seemed so calm when he wasn't being the most annoying person on the planet.

It was sweet, the quiet was sweet, like sweet nothing. The sky was hazy, it was colder in Lexan than in Vandalia, but the car's heater was on. I looked out the window, we were almost home.

Jade was driving the car and Rin had fallen asleep in the passenger seat.

"Huh?" Rin muttered as she started to wake up.

"We're almost home," Jade said.

Rin sighed and sat up.

After a couple of minutes, we got home. We all walked out of the car and into the courtyard.

"Willium," My Mom ran up to me. "Are you okay?!" She raised up my chin to see the mark on my neck from Geo holding a knife to my throat. My Mom started ranting and asking me questions in Japanese like she always did when she was concerned or angry.

"That's your Mom?" Geo scoffed.

"Did he do this to you?" My Mom grumbled. She had my face squished in her hand and she dragged me over to Geo. "Excuse me, but you didn't answer my question!" My Mom said, her Japanese accent slowly fading as she talked.

"Yes, but he did fall down a flight of stairs into my arms," Geo said, quickly defending themself.

"Again?" My Mom asked me, she had let go of my face by now. Geo chuckled, just a stupid snicker, but it made me mad.

"Willow!" My Mom smiled at Willow. Willow smiled back and hugged Vanessa. How are you doing? My Mom signed.

Good, Willow signed. Denver and Ian walked outside.

"Willow, you're back," Denver said. Willow ran up to her dads and hugged them.

Are you okay? Ian signed.

Yes, that is Geo, Willow signed, spelling out G-E-O in the ASL alphabet. Ian hugged Willow and kissed her on the forehead.

My Dad ran out, I raised my hand to wave to him, but before I knew it I was tightly wrapped in his arms.