The Assassin and The Plant

It was early in the evening and the party that the yellow jackets were supposed to be at was just about to start. I still felt uneasy about the whole idea of falling into their trap.

Willow was wearing a dress that Geo had given to her, Willow's hair was down and shiny. She looked nice, but she was uncomfortable, and in heels to top it all off.

Geo was wearing a suit and so was I, my Dad sent one of his over, and it just nearly fit me.

Geo and Willow looked looked close enough to pass as siblings, so that was their cover.

"Am I supposed to look after her or something?" Geo asked. Willow huffed and crossed her arms.

"I don't need you to look after me," She scoffed.

"Just act like that," I sighed.

The gates to the mansion opened and we walked in. The mansion reminded me of the place where I met Geo.

We have been forced into all of these parties together, but they've made us closer. Even if we ended up arguing half the time.

Willow walked off to go find information and look around.

It was just Geo and I, standing quietly while everyone else was talking. Geo was looking at a painting on the wall. He seemed so calm whenever he was just looking at stuff.

"Hm," Geo scoffed.

"What?" I asked. Geo looked at me and sighed as he smiled.

"Nothing, stairs," Geo chuckled.

The painting was of an old stairwell, two people were running up it a man chasing a woman. The look wealthy, but their expressions were sad.

"How do we get ourselves into these situations?" I scoffed.

"Come on," Geo said, pulling me up the stairs. "Don't fall,"

"Shut up," I muttered.

"Shit," Geo paused.

I looked up at the top of the stairs a girl was waiting for us, a yellow jacket. She charged at us, we were on the first platform of the stairwell. She was strong and fast too. The only thing Geo and I could do was get out of the way of her attacks.

I recognized her from that first party I went to, I had asked her about information on Apollo, but this time I could she her clearly. Her eyes were amber, but the veins of her eyes were red. Her red hair looked curler and bigger than before, probably because she was not wearing uniform.

"Do we know her?" I asked Geo. Geo didn't answer, he was just standing there. "Geo?"

"Emrie?" Geo muttered as he looked into her amber eyes. This was Emrie, red hair, and the amber eyes.

"Who is Emrie?" She scoffed. Geo still stood there frozen.

"Geo, we have to save her, she's family," I said.

"How?" Geo exclaimed.

"Save me!" Emrie looked down and shook her head. "Should focus on saving yourselves first," She scowled, looking at us like how a vulture looks down at its prey.

"I don't know," I looked to Geo.

In the blink of an eye Emrie pushed Geo down to the floor.

"Ah, fuck!" Geo exclaimed.

"Geo!" I yelled, running towards him. He put his hand out to stop me.

"No! I'm fine..." Emrie pulled out a gun and pointed it at Geo. "Shit. Nice Emrie, don't kill me Emrie," Geo smiled.

"Who is Emrie?" Emrie scoffed in the same tone.

"Hey, put the gun down...Emrie, please," I said, calm and slow.

Emrie looked up from Geo, moved away from him, walked over to me, and looked at me. She smirked to herself and pointed the gun to me.

"Right, you're the one they want...Valen," Emrie tilted her head.

Geo got up and grabbed Emrie from behind. Geo's eyes glowed a soft pink color, but Emrie knew what he was doing and dug her nails into his hand that was on her shoulder. Geo grabbed the gun from Emrie and threw it down the stairs so she couldn't get it.

"Willow!" I called out, hoping that she'd hear me.

Willow came running up the stairs, but paused when she saw Emrie. Emrie had stopped kicking and trying to get away from Geo and paused as they looked into each other's eyes. I had no idea what was happening, but it felt like the earth had stopped spinning to take note the moment they saw each other. Willow seemed nervous, like she had never been nervous before, and ivy started growing out of her hair and from little flowers from her cheeks.

"Willow?" I asked.

"Yep," She muttered, whipping the flowers from her cheeks.

Willow's eyes glowed green and so did Emrie's. Emrie's head cocked back and she fell to the floor. Willow picked up Emrie and held her in her arms.

We started to walk to the train station.

"Um...is this illegal?" Willow asked.

"Probably," I muttered.

"It'll be fine," Geo said.

We got home the other morning and Emrie had started to wake up.

We were only a couple minutes from camp long enough for her to kill us all if she wanted to.

"Where am I?" Emrie asked as she looked around.

Willow was sitting next to Emrie.

"Who are you?" Emrie asked, looking at Geo and I. Emrie looked at Willow. "Who are they?" She asked her.

"You remember me?" Willow asked, starting to blush.

"You were-you saved me..." Emrie muttered as she looked into Willow's eyes.

"We're here," Geo said, looking out the window.

We all got off the train and walked to camp.

"I know this place, but I can't remember it," Emrie muttered.

Emrie looked around then Zaira walked up to us.

Zaira stopped in her tracks as soon as she saw Emrie, Emrie saw Zaira too, and they ran up to each other.

"You're alive," Zaira cried, tightly wrapping her arms around Emrie.