Something I Can't Talk About

The sound of thunder roared in my ears and the rain came pouring down like waves crashing against the shore. I couldn't sleep, I spent a couple of hours tossing and turning, but I eventually just gave up.

One of my scars was stinging so I tucked my hand under my shirt and placed my hand over the scar. My hand was warm on my scar, without the stinging and pain I could finally go to sleep.

I had another nightmare, but it wasn't like all the others. It was the kind of nightmare that you don't forget, the kind that you never tell anyone about because it hurts too much to even think about it.

It started in the mindscape. I was all alone, leaning against the brick wall in tears. My knees were hugged to my chest, and that's when he came back.

"You're so weak, are you crying?" He scoffed. He walked up to me, I tried to get away, but he was too strong and he quickly pinned me up against the wall. His hands were on my shoulders. He looked me up and down and bit his lip for a second. The way he looked at me is hard to describe, he looked me up and down like I belonged to him or something like I was just an object, without feelings.

"Please don't," I cried.

I was completely defenseless and I guess he liked that about me.

"Stay silent if you know what's good for you," He said as he reached his hands up my shirt.

He moved his hands up and down my waist while he looked me in the eye.

I had burst into tears by now, He wouldn't stop no matter how much I begged so I didn't say anything. I didn't fight back, I just stood there, I was too weak to fight back. There was no use in wasting my energy on it.

I felt so gross as he touched me, I wanted him to stop so that I could crawl up into a ball and just die.

His hands were cold up against my skin, they gave me goosebumps. I would look up into his eyes every so often just hoping that he would take his hands off me. It would never work and he was amazing at making me feel like I was worth absolutely nothing.

He grabbed a knife and dug it into my waist.

I screamed out in pain. "Stop, stop! Please, don't-" He slapped me across the face and grabbed my face in his hand, tightly.

"I told you to shut up," He scoffed. I nodded, I don't know why I did, I just knew that I couldn't take it. "Good boy," He said pulling me close to his body.

Other things happened after that, but maybe it wasn't real. I hope it wasn't real because after that he...um...r...never mind.

I woke up in a panic, I was completely horrified after the dream that I just had.

"It was just a dream, none of that stuff actually happened," I told myself.

I wrapped myself in blankets and just started sobbing, I couldn't stop not even to take a breath. I felt so horrible, I don't think I'll ever forget the feeling of his hands on me, it felt like the only way I would feel okay again was if I ripped my skin off. I felt like I was in the backseat of my body.

I heard my Dad knock on my door to check on me.

"Willium?" My Dad asked.

I couldn't bring myself to speak, part of me wanted him to come in, but part of me wanted to just be alone.

My Dad walked into my room. "Oh, honey," He sat on my bed and wrapped me in his arms. I cried into his arms until I fell asleep. He rubbed my back and told me that it was going to be okay, but I don't know if I believed that. I was trapped in fear and I didn't know how to get out, I didn't know if I would ever get out.

When I woke up I was still lying in my Dad's arms, but I was also in my Mom's arms as well.

"Willium, are you awake?" My Dad tapped my shoulder.

"Yeah," I yawned.

"What happened last night?" My Mom asked.

"Um...I had a nightmare," I said.

"What was it about?" My Mom sighed.

"The mindscape, do I have to talk about it?" I muttered.

"Not if you don't want to," My Mom said.

My Dad got up and so did my Mom.

"I will see you two later, I'm going to work. Are you going to be okay, Willium?" My Dad asked.

"I think so," I said.

A day had passed since my nightmare and I was sitting at the kitchen counter.

"Good morning, Sleeping Beauty," Geo scoffed.

I tried my best not to blush at him, I tussled my hair with my hand and looked at Geo.

"Huh?" I muttered, lifting my head from the counter.

"Bad morning then," Geo sighed.

"So, where is the group going next? I heard about this Camp De Mûriers place in Vandalia," My Mom mused.

"Geo?" I asked, he rolled his eyes at me.

"I haven't been there in 6 months, so they might think I'm dead," Geo said.

Willow walked downstairs and sat down next to me.

Good morning, Willow signed.

I turned to Geo.

"What did she say?" I asked.

"Good morning?" Geo mused as he furrowed his brow.

"Yes! Are you studying ASL?" I asked. Geo bit his lip in an awkward way.

"No, Willow is just polite, so I guessed," Geo scoffed.

I sighed and rolled my eyes at Geo. Geo stared at me, he looked like he was trying to read my mind or something. Rin came downstairs and leaned against the counter.

"Morning," Rin said as she yawned.

Geo was still staring at me, but his irises glowed electric blue, the blue was mesmerizing and piercing.

"What's happening with your eyes?" I exclaimed, I almost fell out of my seat.

"I wonder if I could blow you up with my mind," Geo mused. Rin looked at Geo, her pupils dilated with shock.

"Geo is someone cursing you?!" Rin asked, her voice sounding pretty concerned.

Geo's eyes went back to their normal brown color. Geo looked at Rin a let out a scoff.

"No, it's my powers that make my eyes that way," Geo scoffed, he tussled his hand through his hair. Rin still looked very confused and looked like she couldn't understand what Geo was talking about.

"But...it's blue, so...that means...Goddess of Death," Rin mused.

"Yeah, my Mom," Geo grumbled.

"Your mom!?" Rin scoffed.

Judging by his expression Geo had probably just realized that he was being fantastically vague.

"Not biologically, when you get a blessing from a God, you are technically their child," Geo said.

"So, are we going to this camp or not?" I asked him.

"Ugh! Fine, plus, if you want help...this is where you'll get it," Geo scoffed.