Business rivals

Credit to 111_ThatMotoSimp_111 for the request! I hope you like it!

Oh and for those who don't know, Y/L/n stands for Your last name. Thank you!

---

The middle aged woman infront of me seemed very kind. She smiled towards me as she presented me with a simple contract. She had also offered me a glas of gin earlier, but I had declined, explaining that I don't drink. Alcohol changes the tastebuds and I have a lot of important work to do in the morning. I need to be on my best game.

"So, you're only staying for the night?" Mrs. Scrubbit asked, flashing a smile towards me, revealing her somewhat yellow teeths. I smiled and nodded.

"Tomorrow I will have my own business, I only need a room for tonight."

"Of course, miss. You just sign right here..." She pointed at a thin line at the bottom of the page. I glanced at the contract, not bothering to read more than the first line. My pen hovered over the paper and as the point touched the paper, a hard knock could be heard coming from the frontdoor.

Mrs. Scrubbit gave me a smile, before running up to the door, yelling at the poor dog outside. When a dark manly voice answered, explaining that they have another guest.

I glanced up and saw a tall, brown haired boy walk in with a bright smile. A cane in one hand and a briefcase in the other. Mrs. Scrubbit gave him a warm welcome, just as she had done to me. The boy tasted the gin and warmed himself by the fire, as Mrs. Scrubbit returned back to the desk for me. Still holding a warm smile.

"As I was saying... You just need to sign here..." She said, this time a little more impatient.

The boy walked up beside me to the desk and I gave him a courteous smile. He is attractive, with his brown hair and the way he carry himself.

"Also staying the night?" I asked, making small talk as I wrote my name on the contract.

"Yes! But only one night. As of this time tomorrow, I will be rich." He said smiling.

I nodded. "Funny, I have the same plan. I'm Y/n Y/L/n. What do you do for a living...?"

"Wonka, Willy Wonka." He reached out a hand towards me and I took it and shook it. "You see, I'm something of a magician but also, an excellent chocolate maker. Prepare to be amazed!" He said as he started digging through his hat, pulling out a...

"A teapot?" Mrs. Scrubbit confirmed what I saw, and she looked as unimpressed as I felt.

I shook my head. What a funny little boy.

"Chocolate maker, you say?" I turned around. "Not to brag, but I doubt your chocolate could compete against mine."

Willy looked at me, this time really seeing me. "You make chocolate too, Y/n?"

"Oh, I don't just make chocolate. I am chocolate." I said, assuring him of my importance.

Chocolate isn't just the love of my life. It's my passion, it's what I burn for. All I want to do is share my love for chocolate with the world. I'm somewhat famous in other countries, but I don't have a base here. Yet.

I opened my bag and grabbed a chocolate bar and gave it to Willy.

"You should know what you're up against." I said, smiling sweetly as I eyed Willy Wonka up and down. I don't fear competition. I know that there is no competition for my chocolate.

He removed the wrapper and put a piece of the chocolate on his tongue. Satisfied, I saw how his eyes went wide open.

"Impressive!" He said in awe as he looked at me. The way he looked at me almost had me feeling shy, he looked at me like I was magical. I smiled. But then he ruined it by speaking: "But not as good as mine."

My smile vanished.

"I doubt that." I said, surely his chocolate can't be better than mine?

Willy leaned on his cane. Our eyes met, and I tried to read if he was joking or if he really was so delusional as so think his chocolate could be better than mine?

I opened my hand towards him. "Give me a piece of your chocolate and I'll judge if it holds a candle to mine."

Then this peculiar man did something I had not expected. He took my hand and placed a gentle kiss on my hand, never letting me go with his gaze. A surge of feelings traveled through me, but I couldn't identifiy the feeling even if my life depended on it.

"I'll give you a box of my best chocolate on our date." He said casually.

"Our date?" I repeated after him, looking at him like he was crazy. "What date?"

"After tomorrow, I'll be rich. I want to take you to a fine restaurant so we can continue discussing the making of chocolate. You are talented, Y/n. I want to get to know you and your chocolate." He said as he turned around towards to desk to read his own contract that Mrs. Scrubbit had prepared.

"Okay. I'll accept dinner." I said, trying to ignore the warm feeling I felt inside.

He's a business rival. I won't fall in love with my rival. I observed as he too signed the contract.

"If you break my heart, I will deny ever knowing you and I will erase you." I said, half joking, half threatening. He did a little bow as he looked up at me.

"Is that a promise, darling?"