Thief pt. 2

Part 2 of thief. If you liked this, then you should know that I am writing a book on this. About the thief and the chocolatier. Feel free to check it out in my profile. It's called "Stolen Heart". Thank you!

---

Before Willy Wonka had even had a chance to react, I had escaped.

Mr. Slugworth had been very pleased with my work. Slugworth had been so happy with my work, that he actually hired me. I don't like working underneath anyone, but I need money. A girl has to eat.

I've followed people before. A thieves best friend is patience. No, scratch that, our best friend is money. But patience is our side chick.

Willy Wonka almost caught me last time I stole from him. Can't have that happen again. I need to find the perfect opportunity to steal. When he's not observant. When he doesn't expect it.

Like I said, I've followed people before. But I've never stalked anyone like Willy Wonka. He's kind, many times without expecting anything from it. I've seen him give money to beggers that's asking for a coin. I've also seen him dance in the middle of the street, inviting people to join him. Everywhere he goes, people smile at him.

Weird.

Convincing facade though. People is more inclined to buy things when they like and trust the seller.

The sun was meeting the horizon and fewer people were on the street. A thin layer of snow decorated the street, as the darkness fell in. I walked quickly, to not lose sight of Mr. Wonka. He was a few metres ahead, walking quickly and with that cane of his. He hasn't seen me. I've noticed that Willy rarely looks behind himself.

It was starting to feel a bit cold outside, but the work took priority right now. Suddenly, Wonka took a turn into a alley. I silently followed him into the dark alley, keeping my eyes on him at all times.

He slowed down... Perfect. A few more steps... I sneaked up to him and slipped my hand into his pocket-

"Got you!" He yelled, scaring me and making me pull my hand out of his pocket. That activated the trap.

Suddenly, I felt cold metal close itself around my waist. A clicking sound indicated that it was sealed. I pulled back my hand... And saw that Willy Wonka had put a handcuff on my dominant hand.

In fear, I looked up and saw a big, smug grin on Willys face. This fudge of a boy-

I yanked my hand back, fighting against the chain until I noticed... That the other end of the handcuffs was on Willy Wonkas own wrist.

"I won't lose you this time." He said happily.

"You- Who even has handcuffs on them?" I yelled in his face. He didn't even blink.

"I have a friend at the police. Anyway, now that I have you here, let's talk!"

"You can talk to my boot!" I answered and tried to kick him. But Willy grabbed my leg and yanked it, forcing me off my balance. I was just about to fall to the ground when he catched me in his arm.

"Please don't do that." He simply said.

His simple tone enraged me. Should I spit him in the face, perhaps? That won't get me out of these handcuffs. But it would make me happy.

I backed away from him, but the handcuffs didn't allow me to get far.

Mr. Wonka took his sweet time to just look at me. I scrunched my nose at him.

"Stop staring, Wonka." I said sharply.

"I'm sorry..." He sincerely said, not looking away. "I'm just distracted by your beauty."