Proposal

Charlie's perspective:

I sit up sharply and start crying my eyes out hiding my face in my knees trying to not wake Nick up. This is so stupid! Just sleep!
"Charlie?" I hear a nick mumble. He sits up and pulls me into his chest and says nothing. He starts stroking my hair. "What's wrong?" He asks. "Nightmare?"
"It sound stupid saying it like that, but yeah."
"It's not stupid, especially when it comes to my Char." I giggle sadly.
"I kept on seeing this thing and every time I did, it would chase after me, like it was trying to hurt me. It was this dark tall figure and I-it just w-w-wa-" I start crying again. "I'm so sorry Nick! I didn't want to wake you up this early, I'm just so so sorry." I cry even louder and nick just pulls me into an even tighter hug.
"I love you Charlie." He starts stroking my hair again and I mumble it back.
"I love you too." I say drifting of back to sleep.

Nick's perspective

My poor char, this wasn't the best start to his birthday. At least he's asleep again now, this has been happening for a while, almost every night he wakes up crying, and the dream is always the same. Well, today I'm planning to propose, I'm going to give him a gift this morning and then later I'm taking him to the beach, just like when we had our first date.

2 hours later

I wake up and Charlie is still asleep in my arms, I grab my phone and check the time. It's 7:05 am. I start to stroke Charlie's cheek to wake him up, he groans and starts to move around, signalling he's waking up. He sits up slowly I give a quick kiss on the cheek. He raps his arms around me and jsut stays there for a few minutes before pulling away again.

Charlie's perspective

Nick stands up and grab something, I think they are cards from friends and family. He gives them to me and I open them all. Then we get to his gift. Nick grabs his phone and calls someone and passes his phone to me.
"Eeeeee!!" I scream out like a little girl. "Oh my god!! I can't wait to meet her! She's so cute!" After Sarah and I had finished talking, I hung up the phone and placed it on the bed walking up to Nick.
"You forgot one thing." I whisper
"What's that?" He asks
"A birthday cuddle." I giggle.

He jumped towards me, hugging me as he knocked me down, his arms rapping around my waist. I hold him around the neck, he kisses me passionately, making me loose my breathe. He raps his arms around me tighter and continues to kiss me. He eventually pulls away and looks at me, while I'm catching my breath. I go bright red, trying to hide my face from him but unsuccessful.

Nicks perspective

Charlie looks very stunned, I start to blush as I realise he was out of breathe. "S-sorry, I di-" He pulls me back down kissing me again. God I love him so much, I pull away and pick him up bridal style. I place him on our bed and lie next to him. We scroll through my phone for a while until I stand up.

"Charlie, get dressed in something nice but comfy. I'm taking you somewhere." I tell him. "You'll love it don't worry." He does as I say and I do the same. He comes out looking handsome as always.

15 minutes later

"Can you please tell me where we're going." He says trying to move my hand away from his eyes.
"No, but you can look for yourself." I move my hand away and he opens his eyes. He grabs my hand and start running.
"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" He screams out. I love the beach so much, I love you so much!" He pulls me into a long tight hug. We're currently lying down taking some cute photos. Now, I'm gonna ask him now.
"Charlie?"
"Yea?" He asks.
"I need to tell you something." He sits up and nods looking a bit worried. I stand up and he does the same. I grab the ring from my pocket and get down on one knee.
"Charlie Francis Spring. Will you make me the happiest man in the world and take my hand in marriage." I pause for a moment." And so I can finally change your last name to mine?" He just chuckled and kneels down in front of me. Pulling me into a kiss, rapping his arms around my neck. A minute went by and he pulls away.
"So is that a yes?" I ask hesitantly.
"Of course it's a yes Nick!" I laugh and put the ring on his finger.
"Don't you dare say it." I tell him. He starts to laugh.
"Why ar-" I cut him off by kissing him. We spent a few more hours at the beach before heading back to our hotel room.

857 words!!!!!!