Vengeance.

"So what's the deal with you and (Y/N)?"

"What?"

"Are you two together now?"

Ellie and Dina have been assigned to patrol the Creek Trails. And they're currently discussing something about Ellie's rebuilt relationship with (Y/N).

"I don't know..."

"Bullshit Ellie. I saw you dragged him all the way to your house last night. Who did you think stayed and took care of Ana and Jason? Come on~ spill it out~" Dina teased her best friend.

Ellie sighed, not sure they were discovered this quick.

"Still trying to figure it out I guess. I mean he hasn't been so stuck up lately, unlike when he first arrived."

"Yeah. I think he's adjusting. Maybe you could change his mind about leaving." Such enthusiasm from Dina.

"I wish..."

They continue their patrol, killing a bunch of infected by the mall. Then took shelter at the underground weed factory created by their former Jackson patrol mate, Eugene.

With the blizzard outside, they can't go anywhere, so they let themselves down, smoking some weed, talking about some stuff.

*(Y'all know this scenario. Except for the whole lesbian stuff, they're just talking as friends.)

"Anybody down here?"

The voice startled them, causing both to jolt up from the couch.

"Jesse?" It was the cool Asian guy, Dina's ex-boyfriend.

"Why the hell aren't you guys patrolling?"

"There's a fucking blizzard outside." Dina's got a point

And Ellie doesn't feel like she can just barge in on this conversation.

He stopped at the sight of the two, looking around the place.

"Is that weed?"

"Why are you here?" Dina asks, defeatingly.

"People are counting on you! You get that? What we do matters!"

"Well then why aren't you at the fucking  lookout?"

"Because Tommy and Joel didn't show up!" Now this got Ellie's attention.

"What do you mean?"

"We waited for them for an hour. I was looking for their horses when I saw lights." Implying the lights that Ellie and Dina set up when they arrived at the place.

"What about (Y/N)?"

"He went up the hill without hesitation. Not sure if the blizzard got him or not." Jesse wasn't even sure if any of them were still alive.

"Maybe they just went back to town." Dina interjects.

"Without getting replaced? No way." Ellie puts on her gear, ready to go. "How much of their region have you covered?"

"Not much..."

"Then we split up, go at it from different sides, we can cover the whole thing in a few hours. Might come across (Y/N) too."

Ellie grabs her backpack, ready to leave the place.

"I don't like you riding solo. We don't know what's out there." Jesse opposed her plan, and wanted to play it safe.

"Exactly! What if they need help?" Ellie opposed him opposing her.

Jesse sighed, giving up arguing with her.