Seattle Day 1(Part Three).

Four Years ago, Saint Mary's Hospital.

"Abby. This is (Y/N)." Young Abby was introduced to (Y/N) who was still a mere teenager at the time. "He's...your brother..."

"What?"

"Well, it's a long story. Your mother and I did fall out with each other..." Jerry, the doctor of the Fireflies was not entirely fond of the memories.

"Oh. Make sense..."

~~

Inside Abby's room, she's trying to open up to her little brother. But she doesn't know how. Best she could do was to show him her coins collection, which is a massive failure as (Y/N) finds it boring.

*Knock. *Knock.

"Hey Abby." Owen let himself into the room, but quickly came to a halt after he received a stare from an unknown boy who was sitting on the bed.

"Owen. Hi. How's patrol?"

"It was nothing..." He still can't let himself lose the pressure the boy's giving him. "What is...uh..."

"Oh, right. Long story but Owen, meet (Y/N). My younger brother who I've only known for thirty minutes."

"Thirty six." (Y/N) corrected her. "We've only met each other for thirty six minutes. And counting."

An awkward pause in the room.

"Okay..."

~~

Present. Outside some school in Seattle.

"That'd be all of them." Ellie resting against the wall, catching her breath.

"For now. Keep your guard up."

Joel and Ellie survived ambushes and onslaught from the WLF. Now, they're taking a short breather.

And Ellie could see that something is bothering Joel.

"Okay. What is on your mind now?" The auburn girl begins her questioning.

"Nothing..."

"Wrong answer."

Joel sighed. She can read him like an open book. And lying to her is the last thing he wanted to do.

"It's about Ace."

"What about him? He's gonna survive until we get to him. He better be..."

Even Ellie's voice sounds uncertain. Can he really? Out here alone in enemy's territory.

"That and, Abby."

Now Ellie's confused.

"We talked about this. Let him deal with his own fucking sister."

"What if he can't?"

A beat.

"What makes you say that?"

"It's like you said Ellie. We can't let sentimental shit cost us."

Ellie slumped down her shoulders.

"If Ace... (Y/N) can deal with her, why didn't he kill her back in Jackson when he get the chance? Why'd he let them go?"

Joel isn't wrong on that.

"Maybe it's because the infected had them surrounded, so he let them have the bitter end?"

"That's bullshit and you know it."

"Okay! Fine! You're making a valid point! So what!?"

Second beat.

Joel gripped his fist hard, hesitating before telling her.