Journey.

"That's a fucked up idea."

"But it is an idea." (Y/N) shrugged as he continues his walk.

"How are you gonna sneak out knowing that Maria put the place on full lockdown?" Ellie follows him.

"Not sneaking. Horse riding."

Two days. Things were okay. Except for Ellie and (Y/N) who've been extra discreet.

They never once visited Joel. Only Ana did. And she said it was a favor for them. Joel knows that they're up to something, just not sure what it is yet.

'You two better not do anything stupid.'

~~

Now Joel is slowly healing up. He's getting up on his feet, with the migraine dying down, and the pain fading away.

Maria, Tommy and Ana try to escort him back to his house, but the old man has other plan in mind.

"I'm going to Ellie's first."

Well they can't argue with that. Of course she's the first priority. Until.

"Ellie and (Y/N) took the horse!" Not the best thing after you got discharged.

Chad rushed over to them, panting, exhausted.

"What!?"

"They showed up at the stable, and threatened to shoot Greg. So he gave it to them."

Now Maria's head is twice as big. And Joel felt like his migraine is returning.

"Damn it!"

"Prepare one for me. I'm gonna find them." Joel stomped past them, returning to his house, and grab his gears.

Surprisingly, no one was against him. Even more surprised when he was greeted by Tommy and Jesse who's also getting ready with their own horses.

"Can't let you go out there alone Joel. Not after what happened last time."

"Thanks..."

He gets on the horse, and ride them towards the gate where Maria is waiting by.

"Get those two idiots back in one piece."

"Yes ma'am." Jesse salute her, and they rode off.

~~

Somewhere in the woods, (Y/N) and Ellie ride through the snow covered forest.

"How come the infected show up around winter?"

"Kinda like hibernation ya know. The virus, cordyceps, hate cold. And they're incredibly restless during the winter season."

"Okay professor. How did you know all these?" Ellie isn't convinced by his theory.

"Take humans for instance. We shivered in the cold right?"

"Yeah..."

"And so does the infected. They shivered even during normal time, so the cold only makes them even hungrier, crazier, you get it."

"You got a point."

"Does your compliment comes with a kiss?" He daringly asks her.

Ellie blushed. Sure they kissed after that night. The relationship is evolving, and so does the boy's attitude.

"Maybe later. Don't forget why we're out here." (Y/N) fumed childishly, not getting his kiss. Yet.

"You wanna do this the easy way or the hard way?" She asks him again.