G L A S S

(TW talking of SA/ r*pe- please keep yourself safe and read this chapter with caution. If something in this chapter bothers you don't be afraid to reach out to somebody. And if you relate to anything I've written about, I am so deeply sorry, you never deserved that and I love you.) 

In For The Kill by La Roux <3

The morning came and the morning went and still nothing from Felix. Despite the fact it was killing Delilah, she refused to let the lack of attention from her bestfriends brother bother her enough to ruin the summer-time ball that was set to take place this evening.

Her and V had spent the entire day dashing in and out of eachothers rooms, throwing outfit options and makeup ideas all over the place. Finally the two had decided what they would wear. As ever, they would coordinate as they always did, making a statement to anyone and everyone that they were iconic.

V had chosen a golden graphic, floor length dress that dazzled in any glimpse of light making her look like the angel she was. Naturally that meant Delilah was set to wear something silver. She opted for one of Venetia dresses, a slinky mini dress, backless and dipping in the front to just enough coverage to impress but in a classy sort of way- or so she hoped. It wasn't monochromatic but rather covered in a small, thin layer of diamonds that reflected as if she were some sort of glitterball. She chose some silver-strappy heels that glistened just as her dress did. However, the pair wore heart shaped, rose tinted glasses to avoid any bright lights as, unbeknown to Elsbeth and James, they planned on pinging tonight- courtesy of Farleigh who had sourced them some pills earlier in the day.

'Henry's coming tonight, did i tell you?' Delilah asked as she smudged some silver eyeshadow onto her eyelids and blended it into the enormous amounts of charcoal eyeliner she almost permanently had on.

'No. Fucking. Way.' V exclaimed, slapping her hand onto her thigh in shock. 'And how the fuck have you found this out?'

'Felix told me.'

'We were practically asleep the entire day when did he tell you?'

Shit. Delilah thought quickly of an excuse 'I don't remember' it was a poor effort at covering her tracks. 'I think i was in shock about it all'

'Well no of course. Fuck. Better wear my pushup bra tonight then.' She giggled before taking a more stern approach, 'But seriously, no shagging. I don;t care what bullshit he talks to you. Do not fucking shag.'

'I won't V, don't be silly' Delilah replied, partially not convincing herself but determined to prove herself and V wrong.

The guests arrived in the fancy cars with their fancy outfits and the champagne began flowing. By the time horderves were over everyone was positively pissed. Although Felix had said Henry was attending the dinner tonight, Delilah was grateful she hadn't seen him yet.

Finally dinner was over and the small talk could stop. It was ever so painful talking to family friends who ask about school, about Henry, about my family and this year, my father. Thankfully Venetia managed to jump into most conversations before the drunken adults began quizzing me on my father's final few breaths to which I was eternally grateful to her for. Plus, the ending of dinner meant heading inside to have a classic round of karaoke before the younger people in the large group of aristocrats would sneak off to the bathroom and then the summer house to finish the night with a disco. As cringe and high-school as it may sound, the disco was always the best part and so Venetia, Delilah, Felix, Oliver and Farleigh tiptoed out of the drawing room karaoke session and headed toward the summer house where a few people were already gathered.