P A R T N E R S H I P

Where'd all the time go? by Dr. Dog<3 (I have a feeling I've already used this song but oh well!) 

~

Delilah woke up, stretching in her soft sheets and rubbing her stomach gently. 'Good morning' she whispered, smiling as she lifted her sleep shirt to look at her bump. As hellish as her pregnancy had been, she had grown so close to the life inside her. Even when she felt most alone, she always knew it was the two of them alone together.

A white haze of light filled her room and Delilah squealed like a tiny child when she opened the curtains to reveal it came from a thick white sheet of snow that had fallen overnight. NNo wonder it had been so cold last night.

She had a quick warm shower, lathering herself in the fancy lotions and potions provided by the hotel before she had to hop and collect her room service. She had requested a raspberry and peppermint tea accompanied by a ham and cheese croissant to be delivered to her room each morning and, like clockwork, it had appeared for her.

She munched on the pastry and sipped the hot tea while she did her make up. They were visiting Tivoli garden for the entire day before they went on a sunset boat ride through the canals, so she wanted to look nice but not overdone. She rubbed some pink skin tint over her lips before ruffling her curls until they fell nicely over her shoulders.

Rummaging through her vast amount of clothes she picked out yet another long stretchy, but flattering, dress. This one was white and so she threw on a pale pink knitted jumper over the top of it that would match her converse that were a similar colour. She grabbed her white Longchamp bag and threw in her book, a notepad and pen, some hair bobbles and her ipod with headphones. It was going to be a rather long day and so, for once in her life, she tried to be prepared. She doused herself in perfume that smelt like brown sugar and coconut before grabbing her room key and headed down to pick up Venetia.

'Shiiiit.' V said, opening her door to Delilah. 'Someone made an effort. You looking for a nice Danish man?' She joked.

'Oh obviouslyyyy.' Delilah joked back, laughing along with her best friend. But suddenly Venetias face had screwed up a bit, compressing her laughs so hard her cheeks puffed out. 'What is it?' Delilah laughed even harder at her best friend, turning slowly around to see what was so shocking.

Felix. He stood metres away from the two of them, a look of thunder on his face. Why was he so mad? He genuinely looked like he could murder someone- ironic really. Surely he wasn't angry at what she'd just said? He edged his way closer to Delilah with confidence, stopping a foot away from her now.

'Glad you've worn something warmer today.' His face was raging with gloom, 'I don't want to come home early today.' He stabbed at her with his words, making her feel guilty for ever grabbing his arm for help last night. Delilah didn't even know what to say back to him. She felt more stupid than anything, for thinking the soft and caring Felix could ever come back. It was impossible, she could see that now, it was crystal clear in his dark eyes.

Venetia, probably too hungover to remember what he was even talking about, obliviously barged past him, holding Delilah's hand and dragging her along. Delilah looked back at Felix as she was being pulled away from him. He was looking at her.

The family got in a taxi and made their way downtown to the gardens. Delilah and V linked arms as they walked through the entrance of the place, squealing with juvenile excitement at the Christmas markets, endless rows of fairy lights and the smell of hot chocolate and melting sugar filling the air. Although the paths around the gardens had been shovelled of all snow and ice, the leaves and branches of the trees remained in a thick blanket of the white snowflakes, glistening but never melting in the Danish winter sun. it was bliss.