C A N D L E L I T

Note: more spice here xo 

~

Glory Box by Portishead<3

~

Felix and Delilah. A summer romance to end all other romances. Completely and utterly infatuated with one another. Their skin seemed to shine around one another, their eyes wide and pupils mimicking hearts when they caught each other in the distance. After the night of the dinner, they hadn't spent one night alone.

Every night at 1am, when the rest of the house was sleeping or at least locked away in their rooms doing god knows what with god knows who, Felix would climb over his balcony and onto Delilahs. She would leave the double door into her room unlocked, despite the cold breeze that rushed through as summer slowly began to fall into autumn. Felix would walk in and immediately scoop her up, enveloping in a deep and slow kiss that burned on her lips like spiced bourbon. It was all such a whirlwind. Incredibly cringe too as they would both laugh about in the early hours of the morning as they came down from their passionate high, laying tangled in the soft sheets, skin to skin in the moonlight.

Suddenly Delilah found herself never needing the fairy lights switched on that had been on since what felt like the beginning of time. She didn't need them because she had Felix and he could keep her safe now, in fact he made her heaven of a room that much more spiritual. He very soon turned out to be everything to Delilah, and she to him.

Tonight wasn't unlike any other night since the maze.

The five of them had spent the day in the field. It was located about a 15 minute walk from the manor but still all the Cattons land, of course. Venetia, Farleigh and Delilah were the first three out early that morning, all clinging onto tote bags filled with the essentials since one of the very first rules made about the field was that once you arrived you couldn't leave until sundown. So, Delilah packed her beaten down copy of 'The Great Gatsby' that she'd collected from the library a few years ago and never got round to reading, her sunglasses, sun cream and a washed out sage green coloured towel to lay on. She wore a sheer white dress that floated around like made in the wind, letting the sun cast a shadow of her naked body beneath on the fabric- of course the second rule being no clothes allowed in the field.

The girls and Farleigh set up their towels, Venetia chucking a pack of cigarettes to her cousin and best friend- her love language. Later the other boys arrived in their swimming shorts, holding a large cooler filled with beers and bottles of wine, a pile of books they were going to read stacked on top.

'Wine. Now.' Farleigh demanded, holding out his hand for a bottle. Oliver reached in, grabbing him one and handed it to him. 'Not that one.' He snarled.

'Oh, sorry' Olly practically whimpered back at him.

'Be nice' Venetia giggled, reaching over from where she was laid on her stomach, and grabbing a bottle of wine for her cousin.

Felix walks over where Delilah is and lays down next to her in the tall blades of the wheat field as he chews on a toothpick, 'Frankestien', a hardback copy laying on his stomach as he looks up towards the blue sky.

'I've missed you' He whispers, still making no eye contact with her.

'Have you really?' Delilah teases, niggling slightly.

'Yes i have' he says reassuringly, 'i also have something else for you.'

'And what-,' Delilah lights a cigarette that has been sitting between her lips for a while now as she was gripped by the latest chapter of her book, 'Do you have for me?'

'You'll see' He grins, pinching the cig from her lips and placing it in between his own before he gets up and leaves her to go and grab a beer from the cooler, taking a seat next to Olly who is transfixed by his best mate's body.