C R O W N

Time To Pretend by MGMT <3 (It's theee song I know!) 

~

'And where have you two been?' Olly asked as Delilah and Felix were sitting, giggling and smoking with Venetia and Farleigh down by the pool. 'You weren't at breakfast, Felix.' He questioned.

'Actually, yeah where were you too?' Farleigh asked, passing his cig over to V.

'Took her out for some ice cream, mate' Felix replied.

'I would have come with you' Olly replied, sitting down by the group on the slate floor that surrounded the pool.

'Sorry Olls, sort of a family thing' Delilah nearly choked on the smoke that was happily making its way into her lungs before Felix referred to their little date as a 'family thing'.

Oliver just smiled, wincing his eye at the bright sun shining into it. He looked over to Delilah, staring at her with a look that was totally unreadable. She couldn't tell whether he was plotting against her or just simply unconsciously staring at her in a daydream. The four other members of the group returned to talking about last, avoiding the obvious topic of conversation for Delilah's comfort. That was until Olly chimed in.

'Who was that guy you were getting with last night, Delilah?' He asked cunningly.

She paused for a moment, angry at first but realising it was most likely an honest mistake. He wasn;t family so how would he ever know who the infamous Henry was.

'An old boyfriend of mine. Henry.' Her breath hitched on his name, 'And i wasn't getting with him.'

''Looked like it to me' He replied

'You're not jealous are you, olly?' Venetia giggled

'No i'm just- intrigued'

'She wasn't getting with him, mate' Felix replied casually but with a slight hint of annoyance in his voice. 'He's totally insane and took advantage of Delilah.'

'He won't be doing that again.' Farleigh joked, looking at Felixs hand then winking to his cousin.

'No' Felix replied, 'He won't.' He looked over towards the comfortable Delilah, handing her his cigarette. As their fingers touched to exchange the paper filled with tobacco, they both lingered for a second not wanting to stop the buzz of electricity that zapped when their skin made contact.

'He's been discreetly removed' Venetia giggled again, rolling onto her back and spreading her arms out to either side, basking in the sunlight.

'What does that mean?' Olly questioned, resting his chin on his knee and looking up toward Delilah.

'Gosh so much talk about Henry!' Lilah replied hastily, 'Who fancies a swim?'

'Me' Felix replied which then got both Farleigh and Olly agreeing immediately.

And so the five of them jumped into the water, cooling off as they submerged themselves into the perfectly turquoise water, leaves scattered at the bottom and a rogue party streamer floating around the filter.

They had chicken fights and handstand competitions, all fighting for the winning spot and going to extreme lengths for it. At one point Farleigh almost drowned trying to beat Felix in a 'who can hold their breath the longest' competition. In the end Felix had to give up, coming to the surface with a bright red face and panting.

After all the play, the five lay on their backs, arms and legs spread out wide like a starfish to keep them afloat. The sun beamed down onto their glistening bodies and they almost looked like angels. Angels in the heaven that was Saltburn. And the sad thing was, none of them knew it- each with their differing complexities and challenges none of them realised how brightly they shone in the sun, in their prime. In Saltburn.