Season 3 episode 3

Season 3 episode 3 aka episode 40: "Run out of patience"

The screen once again lit up. Everyone looks back at the screen.

The scene started with a recap before it continued on.

After Kakucho had shot Takemichi and left them, they had their final handshake and soon enough he was with Naoto. The Past, young and kid Naoto.

Naoto looked at him as he pants. 'It's okay. There's no way Naoto would die!' He stands up straight

"Why'd you call me out here so late?" Naoto asked him 'I'm sure I'll return to the present when we shake hands.' Takemichi's mind was clearly somewhere else. Naoto gulped as Takemichi leaned in before holding out his hand and shaking it.

He closed his eyes, praying that when he opens his eyes he'll be back in the present - or future - but nothing happened.

'Come on. Please!'

"Please!" He begs. A flashback of Naoto giving him his last smile was shown. He fell on his knees. "Naoto..."

The scene fades to different flashbacks:

"I'm Tachibana Naoto." It was the first time. The first time he traveled. The first time he met Naoto.

'You were always there supporting me.'
It's true. He was devastated the first time that he wasn't able to save Hina,but Naoto was there to cheer him up and give him his support. Naoto was there comforting him when the future Akkun had killed himself. Naoto's there when he cries after realizing he had killed his girlfriend in that timeline, they cried together.
'I only made it this far because you were there!' The flashback ends.

Hina started sobbing. Emma noticed this and hugged her friend, Hina started crying and the room remained silent wanting to give it all a break. Of course, although Sanzu wants to make fun of the situation, he can't. He knew that he'll feel the same as Hina when either one of Takeomi or Senju died. He hated the girl all right, but he still loves her at the same time.

Chifuyu sighed and walked to Takemichi silently he patted Takemichi's shoulder as he sat beside him. Takemichi smiled thankfully at his friend. Soon Mizo Middle joined them. Akkun leaned in "Are you all right?" He asked worriedly. Takemichi chuckles and wipes a bit of his tears.   "Yeah. That's all in the past anyways. Heh." This made Chifuyu sigh.

Chifuyu then summoned a rolled newspaper in his hand and bonked Takemichi with it. "Ow! What was that for, Partner?!" Takemichi shouted and everyone looked at them but Chifuyu stuck his tongue out. The Mizo Middle laughs as the two bickers, soon everyone has this bright and cheerful aura.

The screen proceeds.

Takemichi's tears fell on the ground "Naoto."

The opening has been skipped

#40: Run out of patience

"Takemichi-kun..." Naoto called Takemichi who sits on the slide crying himself out "Are you all right?" Naoto asked him "Yeah, I'm fine." Takemichi answers not looking up at Naoto who looks concerned.

"Sorry for calling you out so suddenly. You can go home now." He said, but he was met by silence. "You're still here? I told you to leave." He raised his head a bit but with his eyes fixed on the ground still.

"Hey, Naoto. Do you remember when we first met? Hina died, I traveled through time...You and I in the future kept trying our very best to save Hina." He begins, his eyes are a bit wide and his voice is surprisingly low.