CHAPTER FOURTEEN.

Show No Emotion, Feel No Pain...

I stood there setting some of the dinner on the table until there was a knock on the door; I walked up to it and opened it.

“MUMMY!” I picked up Kane and hugged him, he was getting heavier by the day and I was so small, it was much harder to carry him around.

“Hello baby, how was it?”

“Mummy Uncle Lamar take me shopping and look, look!” He pointed over to his ear and I noticed he had a shiny gold stud pierced though his ears, and to be quite honest I wasn’t mad because I wanted to get his ears pierced sometime next week, so it was perfect that I didn’t have to pay.

“Oh, so you’re a big boy now yeah?” He nodded and got down.

“Where grandma, I want dinner.” I took hand and sat him around the table, adjusting his seat by adding three phone books and a pillow.

“Can you see now K?” He nodded and clapped. I dished him and myself up some dinner and cut up all his meat for him, I set a knife and a fork down for me and a spoon for him and he crossed his arms.

“Mummy where my fork?”

“You always have a spoon, don’t even go there.” I replied and began eating; I was soon finished and waiting for Kane to finish now. My mum and Lamar walked into the room and dished themselves something up and sat down.

“Lamar when are you moving out, you’re eighteen and still living under mums rules, go and be independent or something.” I told him and he screwed me.

“I will live here for the rest of my live and mum won’t say nada, thank you very much.” I looked at mum and she rolled her eyes.

“China left at seventeen – but, it’s ok to be the slower one Lamar.” Mum smiled. “Just like your father.”

“Where is dad by the way?” I asked.

“He’ll be home a bit late from work, he had a meeting.”

“Well it’s getting late and I want to leave so Kane, are you staying over tonight or not?”

“Yes.” He grinned and Lamar kissed his teeth taking his food and walking out the room.

“I swear down I’m gonna box him in the head mum, what’s up with his attitude?” I picked up everyone’s plate and put it in the sink.

“I don’t know, he’s just been so rude lately. I’m beginning to find it hard to control him.”

“That boy needs a box in the head, mum.”

“I know, I know... Maybe your dad will speak to him when he gets back.”

“Mmm...” I rolled my eyes, I’m not stupid. Dad said he’d change but I know he aint at no meeting, stupid man trying it again.

“Ok, Kane mummy will see you soon.” I kissed him and he pushed me away.

“Stop kissing me, man a bad man.” My mum screwed and started to clean up.

“I didn’t teach him that, it’s Keenan.”

“Yeah – well I don’t want Kane ending up like an average black hoodlum on the road side,” I nodded in agreement. “Tell Keenan to watch his mouth.” I soon left and went back to my house, I didn’t live in the flat anymore. I had a two bedroom house just around the corner from my mum’s so everything was much easier, I sighed knowing I had work tomorrow. I loved working, it boosted my independence and that’s exactly what I needed, I worked at an ice skating ring as one of the staff on the ice, what we basically do is skate around and make sure everyone is safe and following the rules and guidelines of being on the ice ring, otherwise we kick them of or give warnings. I looked down at my phone and noticed it was ringing; I picked it up without looking at who it was.