CHAPTER EIGHT.

Show No Emotion, Feel No Pain...

“Alicia babe, have you got any spear keys outside?” I shouted. I could hear her wailing in pain from inside, I knew if I panicked it could make the situation worse, so I kept my calm.

“The door is open!” She replied, and then screamed. I opened the door and rushed straight to where I could hear her screaming, the living room.

She was in a squatting position holding onto the sofa, breathing heavily.

“Alicia, where is your overnight bag?”

“Under the stairs, please!” She cried out. “Hurry!” I then got all her stuff ready, I took my phone out and called the ambulance and told them how much pain she was in. They told me to keep her as calm as possible and they’d be on their way soon.

“WAIT!” She shouted. “I need to call somebody else!”

“Who?”

“Courtney and Trey!” She gasped, and screamed once more.

“Alright, where is your phone?”

“Over there.” She nodded towards the coffee table; I picked it up and searched for the name’s she had said.

I called Trey first...

“Hello-”

“DON’T EVER CALL MY LINE AGAIN,” He shouted. “DUMB SKET, IT AINT MINE!”

Trey then hung up, I sighed and called Courtney.

“Hello?” I spoke first.

“Yo! Who’s this?!” He sounded like he’d just woke up

“Erm, hi there,” I started. “My names China, but I’m calling on behalf of Alicia?”

I heard abit of shuffling, and then he finally spoke.

“Go on then?”

“She went into early labour, and seems to be struggling.”

“What’s that got to do with me?” Is he being serious? Don’t piss me off!

“She said, you could be the father, she wants you here.”

“I don’t need to be there doe,” Really Courtney? Prick! “She’s got Trey init.” Ooh no she doesn’t?!

“Now you listen here yeah,” I snapped at him. “I’m pregnant also; I’m stressed up to high fucking heaven, ‘cause I’m going through exactly the same thing as her right now!” I kept complaining. “The father of my child, don’t want shit all to do with me-”

“What the fuc- What has this got to do with man?!”

“If you are not down to this hospital, in less than a few hours,” I gave him the hospital address. “I’ll be praying for you tonight, ‘cause between me and you, I won’t be afraid to kick you’re manhood.” And with that, the line went dead, because I hung up

“Is he coming?!” Alicia panicked, trying to stand up but I stopped her.

“Yeah, Courtney is, not too sure about Trey babe.”

“I feel like I’m gonna die.” She then slammed her head onto the sofa, screaming into it.

***

“I’m sorry,” the nurse stopped me. “But you are gonna have to wait outside, family members only, during the birth.” I nodded and sat down in the waiting room.

For the whole ambulance ride, I couldn’t help but stare at Alicia, the way her body looked so weak, and warn out, her face, bright red, which was not normal at all.