CHAPTER FIFTEEN.

Show No Emotion, Feel No Pain...

I parked my car outside my mum’s house waiting for Kane to come out and get in, I couldn’t stop by because I had to get ready so I wanted to spend some time with him before Lamar looked after him, I had to literally force the boy too. All of a sudden his gained a huge attitude and thinks he can get rude to everyone around him, stupid little boy.

“Hi mummy.” I hugged Kane and waved at mum.

“I’ll drop him back later.” I shouted before driving off, I took Kane shopping and bought him loads of new clothes, some shoes and a few new toys. I looked in the window of a shop and noticed a jeans jacket coat that cost about one hundred, I rubbed my chin thinking whether to buy it for myself, it was practically calling me, in the end I did and I was happy, fuck Keenan at the moment. Yeah, I said I was going to call him but I’m not, he can go off with Chanel for all I care at the moment. I’m practically lying to myself thinking that we’ll ever be together, we’re only friends. I can’t do that to myself, I can’t put myself in that much pain. Kane got tired and started winging so I picked him up and carried him while holding the bags, this is much better than going to the gym, you get the best of both worlds.

“What do you want to eat?”

“McDonalds.”

“No, something else.” I rolled my eye, that’s all he ever wants, junk food.

“Burger king-”

“How about we go food shopping and actually cook something?”

“Mummy no.”

“Yup, that’s what we’re doing.” I walked into Tesco and pulled myself up a trolley, I put Kane at the front and all the other bags inside and pushed off picking things that I could cook, nothing to hard but something we both liked.

“Mummy get nuggets!”

“Is that all you eat, junk? How about I get some chicken breast and bread crumbs and make you some nuggets?”

“Does it taste the same?” I nodded and he said ok. Once I got everything I went to the checkout and paid, I was slightly struggling with all the bags I had but luckily I had parked in the Tesco car park so I could push the trolley with everything to the car, I put Kane in and everything else and drove home.

“Are you going to help mummy with the bags?” I asked, he nodded and picked up his clothes and walked to the door... I kissed my teeth.

“Kane, get my keys out please.” I asked him while locking the car up, I turned around and Kane had already opened the door and put his stuff in the passage way running into the living room, I bought everything else in and shut the door behind me, all of that made me tired. I sat down on the chair and put my feet up, I felt myself falling asleep slowly when I was awoken by Kane screaming that the phone was ringing. I picked up the house phone.

“Hello?”

“How comes you haven’t called me yet?”

“Keenan, I’m tired ok... I just want to rest off for a bit.” I yawned. “I just went shopping with Kane; I have to drop him back to my mum’s then go to a party with Wayne.”

“Who’s Wayne?”

“A friend from work.” I replied beginning to feel uneasy all of a sudden. “Why do you care so much?”

“Nothing innit, be careful ok?”

“Keenan no offense but why do you actually care so much?” I asked. “I mean – yeah it’s a boy I work with, I’m old enough to look after myself now.”