5.

ADITYA'S POV

I could feel my tough layer breaking through as she was so close to me, devouring the food, licking her lips, moving her jaw constantly. I was observing her as there was a weird feeling in my gut. She finished eating and I went to wash my hands. After I returned, I saw her sleeping on the couch. I need to thank her for saving my brother. 

"Hey,.. " I hesitated. 

"What happened?" Her sweet voice was ringing through my ears. Imagine her taking my name with this voice... Oh god, Aditya what is wrong with you? I was busy fighting my thoughts until I heard weak snores from her. Damn, she slept. I took baby steps towards her and saw her closely, her skin showed traces of green veins near her eyes. She had a mole on the upper edge of her left cheek. She looked so relaxed, yet intimidating. I decided not to disturb her and turned to move out. I saw the nameplate on the door. 

"Dr. Soyra Gaikwad " I read it silently. I saw her friend coming towards me with a concerned look.

"How is she? She finished her food right?" I just nodded in response. 

"It's Dr. Radhika, your brother will be taken care of for a few days until he can walk again. There was some serious damage to his intestine, but thanks to Dr. Soyra. He is out of danger now. I will let you know the medicines and the procedure for his treatment, tomorrow morning."

"And yes, only one person would be allowed to wait here tonight." She added and went through the door of the cabin leaving me behind. I let out a sigh of relief, as she closed the door.

____________________________________

"Oye Veerae, uth jao ab toh" I heard Tanishk waking me up. I opened my eyes and saw him leaning on the wall beside me, with two cups in his hands. Last night, I slept on the bench next to the ICU room. He forwarded me the cup, and the smell of fresh tea went through my nostrils. While sitting straight, I held onto the cup and took a sip. 

"Bhai, voh Mehra ka pata chal gaya, London me baith ke yaha tabahi machane ke sapne dekh raha tha banda, mai ohnanu jeene nahi dunga das rehya tussi mai" He gritted out. 

(I won't let him live, I'm telling you)

"Apni research team se keh do, poora London ulta seedha kar do, uss harami ko dhundh nikalo... Aur ha Papa ji se keh dena yaha sab theek hai zyada kuch hua nahi, Muskan ko ghar se bahar mat nikalne dena jabtak mai ghar nahi jaata, Ghar ke aas paas special security laga do I don't want any casualties...." 

"Bas bas bas samajh gaya bhaii...Tussi tension na liyo, No fikar no fear when Tanishk is here" He chuckled looking at me. I gave him a stern look and he straightened himself. 

"Acha I'll make a call to Muskan, you go and freshen up, and yes you have to meet Raj's doctor, nurse ne bola 10 baje uske cabin me jaane." He said and went out towards the balcony. 

I washed my face and peeked through Raj's room while heading to Dr. Soyra's cabin. He was still under the effects of the medicines. I knocked on the cabin door as I stood in front of it. "Come in" I heard her, taking a deep breath I pushed the door. A sweet smell of jasmine and rose went through my nostrils. Suddenly, It reminded me of Maa's pooja room. It smells like this exactly. I forwarded my feet through the entrance and saw Dr Soyra in the corner of the room with a pooja thali in her hand, moving it in a circular motion while standing in front of Ganpati Bappa's idol. There were burnt incense sticks and rose flowers at the idol's feet. 

Her back was facing me, I could see her wavy dark brown hair, hanging to the end of her waist. She was in her purple scrubs, with a stethoscope hanging on her neck and barefooted. I felt her turning towards me. Damn. I froze then and there itself. She was such a beauty to mesmerize. Her skin was glowing, with a light pink hue on her cheeks, her eyes were attractive, the red tika between her eyebrows was a cherry on top, and she looked fresh. She looked ten times more beautiful than yesterday. She looked alive. 

"Nahaya tumne?" 

"what-?" My eyebrows knitted together. 

"You slept here the whole night, did you return home today morning to freshen up? " She asked. And me being clueless about why is she asking me THIS. Am I stinking? No that shouldn't be a problem, I'm way too far from her. 

"I woke up just now" I spoke watching her keeping the plate on the table, joining her hands for the last time and turning towards me. She gave me a plain look and gestured me to sit. I pulled back the chair and took a seat opposite to hers. 

"Look, Mr....?" she questioned me and took a pause.

"Aditya Malhotra. Raj's elder brother" 

"Dr. Soyra Gaikwad, Raj's doctor. Yesterday was embarrassing. Thanks for saving my life. Twice." she gave me a sarcastic side-eye. What twice? Ek he baar toh pakada that Maine. Khana khilaya uska twice count kar rahi hai kya? My intrusive thoughts started interrupting.

"Twice? I'm sorry but could you please elaborate?" I asked her trying to understand her words.

"Oh god, this is so awkward. Ok Aditya Ji, listen to me. Yesterday, we met twice. Yes, I'm the girl that collided with your car yesterday morning." She started.

"Are you serious?? How I mean kaise...matlab voh...voh mai nahi tha par tum kaise thi ???" I fumbled. Boy, I swear I was nervous as hell, thanks to my stars, for letting me into THIS situation. 

"Arey suno toh meri baat pehle. Guppa bas thoda vel. Let me explain."

(Listen to me first, stay quiet for some time) She calmed me down sensing my feelings. Ek he line me teen teen bhasha bol rahi hai, aur muzhe samajh me ek bhi nahi aarahi.