6.

SOYRA'S POV
Why is he looking at me like that?? I'm trying to explain some serious shit and his gaze is heating me. Man, first of all, he's so hot, second of all his sleepy voice is making me feel something. Oh god, Soyra focus yaar he's your patient's fucking brother. Why is he so damn hot ?? I gathered up my words and let them out.

"I was heading to my house in the morning when I saw your friend, the one driving yesterday. He was entering the hospital premises, at first I thought it might be someone else. Then I saw your car in the parking lot, It had a scarf stuck on the right wheel. Actually... actually that is my scarf you know... At first, I was confused then I got a closer look and saw my initials on the scarf, it confirmed that it was your....I mean it was mine, but your car..." I tried to explain to him with a serious look, trying to avoid his gaze.

He kept staring at me. I want to die this is so awkward.

"Then I asked the watchman about the owner of this car, he went like 'Aree didi voh toh vahi log the Jo ek jakhmi ladke ko leke aaye the uske pet se khoon beh Raha tha aur uske saath do log the'. Then I immediately connected the dots and here we are"
I said it in the most polite way possible trying not to complicate it more.

He took a deep breath and face-palmed himself. Yes, I also wanted to throw myself out of this window.

"I'm..I'm sorry...I mean I wasn't the one driving but ...but you know Raj...he was dying ...and he already lost a lot of blood and he ..he was breathing slowly and we wanted to reach as ...as soon as possible" he stammered.

"Yes yes, I completely understand your situation, I know it wasn't knowingly, it was all due to the heat of the moment. " I tried to explain. He wasn't the one I should blame; he was innocent and didn't do it intentionally. Well, his friend did. But it was genuine.

"I'm glad. See, Dr. Soyra I'm extremely sorry for whatever happened last morning. Are you...Are you okay? I mean you aren't hurt much, right? " He gave me a concerning look. Aww, that's so sweet of him. Well, he should be.

"It doesn't matter to me Mr. Aditya, the only thing that matters is your brother's life, he is alive and I guess that's what is more important for both of us right now. And thanks for feeding me yesterday, my hands are swollen badly" I showed him my palms and chuckled softly.

"That's the least I can do" His eyes flickered between my eyes and my palms. Looked like he had a hard time concentrating on one thing.

"Acha chodho voh sab, Raj ke baare me baat karte hai, pehli baat toh ye goliya aayi kaha se? Matlab, I read his files, and he's just 23, how come he encountered such an event where he got shot? Sorry for asking you this but anything that involves guns and things needs to be investigated for legal reasons." I spoke calmly.

"Oh that's nothing we were just practicing and he accidentally shot himself. Those are licensed." He said.

"Ok, he is doing better now, he'll need to be kept under observation for a few weeks as there was serious damage to his intestine. He needs to be accompanied while walking or doing any regular activities. Ask him to stick to the bed for a few weeks. I'll check up on him regularly, you may take him home after a week. "
Well, I wasn't convinced with the idea of him 'accidentally' shooting himself. But I let it go as he said he had licenced guns. Hope he keeps my trust.

"A week?" He exclaimed. And I frowned at his response.

"I can't keep him here for a week. Dr Soyra, we are quite reputed people out there, it will cause a problem when the media gets to know about it. I need to get him home for privacy purposes, please?" He looked at me with puppy eyes. Damn. How could he look so hot while pleading??? Oh God, how do I control myself?

"Look, Mr. Aditya, we have to make a lot of arrangements over there, and also it's difficult to take all the required pieces of machinery and we have to keep a nurse with him 24 by 7. " I tried to explain to him.

"It'll be great if you agree to that, please try to understand, I'll take good care of him, I'll manage everything. Please? " He pleaded again. Such a hottie he is. Shit Soyra what is wrong with you.
I kept staring at him, while my mind thinking about giving Raj home treatment. If it wasn't a problem with Aditya, then I think it shouldn't create a problem for me.

"Okay. I'll ask Dr. Radhika to check up on the required arrangements. I'll do a regular checkup at your house every morning, while a nurse will be staying there until he is fine." I spoke and earned a smile from him. Fuck, I could feel something piercing my heart when his dimples flashed at me. I could feel my cheeks heating up while looking at him. 

I couldn't help but blush looking at him. I felt my knees going weak with just a damn smile. I blinked thoroughly looking down at my hands trying to ignore him. 

"Thank you so much, doctor, Can I have your number?" 

Oh my god. He is asking for my number. I'm dead. Isn't it too early? Should I give him my number? Is he serious or am I being delusional?

"Sorry? I mean...why?" Why am I questioning? I'm such an idiot. 

"Oh, to contact you if there's an emergency just in case, you know..." Oh yes, how can I forget that I'm such a delulu?  My expectations are way too high. He's your 'aukat ke bahar' Soyra, maybe he has a girlfriend. Or maybe not?