21.

Soyra was eagerly pacing back and forth, waiting for her husband to enter the room. She wanted to meet Radhika, as they had no contact after the incident and she wanted to know about her health and whereabouts. She stood near the balcony and decided to call her until she heard Aditya entering the room. She approached him with a determined face and stood in front of him.

"Yes Biwi sahiba?"

"Mujhe Radha se Milne Jana hai" Aditya widened his eyes at her words and spoke with a calculative pause.

"Umm sorry, you can't" 

"Why can't I?" Her anger rose after hearing those words.

"Kyuki vaha Tanishk hai, jo tumhari dost par nazar rakh raha hai aur uski dekhbhal kar raha hai. Don't worry she's fine"

"Par mujhe apni aankho se use dekhna hai""

"Soyra baby it's dangerous out there, ek baar tumhe akela chodh kar galti kar di thi, ab yahi galti wapas nahi karne wala mai."

"Tum chalo mere sath phir"

"Nahi babe hum nahi ja sakte, tumhe kuch din Ghar me rukna hoga, we are still in danger" He tried to explain her.

"Danger toh itne dino se dekh he rahi hu mai. Mere baap ne mujhe ghar se bahar nikal diya, ek psycho insaan ne mujhe kidnap kiya phir jaan se maarne ki-"

"Soyra-"

"Let me speak, Aditya. Tum toh kuch bolo he mat. Khoon Kiya hai tumne meri aankho ke saamne, mujhe zabardasti iss ghar me lakar bitha diya, ab mujhe bahar Jane ki ijajat bhi nahi hai. Mujhe toh pata bhi mai kidnap bhi kyu huyi thi.... Kya ho raha hai ye sab mere sath?" her voice choked and tears brimmed in her eyes.

She was aware that she had crossed a line with her words, but she knew that it was necessary. With a sudden outburst of tears, she sat on the edge of the bed, resting her elbows on her thighs, supporting her head in her hands.

Aditya stood there watching her burst into tears, he knew he had to face this one day. All those words she blurted out pinched his heart, her hurtful words pained him deeply, making him frustrated that she couldn't see his genuine intentions- all he wanted was to protect her from harm at any cost. But things went backwards and he had to choose the harsh way to get into it.

He took a deep breath before kneeling on both knees, gently grasping her hands and pulling them away from her head. As he locked eyes with her, he couldn't help but feel a pinch in his heart as he saw her sobbing uncontrollably.

"I wanted to protect you, Soyra" He breathed out, his voice becoming heavy.

"Mujhe samajh nahi aata tum kaun ho Aditya. Mujhe nahi samajh aata tum par gussa karu ki tumhe thanks bolu meri jaan bachane ke liye..mujhe nahi samajh aaraha kuch" Fresh tears rolled from her eyes. Aditya took his palm near her cheeks and wiped the teardrops off her skin. 

"Shant hojao please" 

He went near the water jar kept on the table, poured water into the glass and offered it to Soyra. She hesitated at first but later drank it completely. He made her sit comfortably on the bed, and sat in front of her, holding her hands. 

"Na tumhe thanks kehne ki zarurat hai, na he gussa karne ki. Bas meri baato par bharosa karo, please" He spoke calmly and looked deep into her eyes. 

 "I like you, very much. Jab tumhe pehli baar dekha tha hospital me, bas tabse tumpar dil aagaya tha. Socha tha baaki logo jaise humari bhi ek sweet love story hogi, but I guess our fate had different plans" he confessed his feelings, which made Soyra's heart skip a beat.

"Your father and his friend- Mehra, are complete psychopaths and our biggest enemies. Both in the underworld and in the business-"

"What do you mean by underworld? Oh god.... Don't tell me, Aditya.." Soyra interrupted him, as her mind wavered around the word he spoke.