8.

SOYRA'S POV

OH MY GOD. I muffled a scream into the pillow. HE INVITED ME FOR BREAKFAST!!!! how crazy is that? I was on cloud nine after looking at his message. Was he trying to do something? Or am I  thinking a lot? Of course Soyra, he is trying to compensate for his mistake. Nothing else. He looked so uninterested. Oh god, I would explode right now. Wait, what should I wear tomorrow? 

I quickly sent our chat screenshots to Radhika, and she dialled me back within seconds. 

"WHICH GOD DID YOU PRAY TO ???" That was the first thing I heard from her after picking up.

"aye shut up, don't overthink. It's just a formal breakfast, nothing else." I spoke.

"Damn Soyra, I tried talking to him yesterday, but he didn't even respond to me properly, he just kept on nodding. And here you are, getting breakfast invites from him. He's cleaned bowled by you for sure" She exclaimed from the other side.

"But what if he is being polite for saving his brother and nothing else?" I felt a slight pinch in my heart after completing the sentence.

"Aree yarr, sochna band karde tu, hamesha galat sochti hai. Meri baat sunn, evdha changla mulga (such a nice guy)  is asking you to come over for a freaking breakfast, you should shut the fuck up and go."

"Abhi jau kya be? Kya pehnu ye toh bata... Traditional ya Western? Ya seedhe scrubs pehen ke Jaau? " I questioned her genuinely not able to decide a single thing.

"Tu raat ke das baje kaunse nashe karke baithi hai? breakfast karne jaana hai udhar, Aditya ka pet faadne nahi jo scrubs pehnu kya pooch rahi hai...Pagal wagal hai kya ?" Well, she wasn't wrong with that.

"Acha theek hai scrubs nahi pehnungi, but at least tell me what should I wear. I want to look decent and sober." I replied. 

"Acha ruk mai batati hu." I felt my phone vibrating. She sent me an old picture of myself, wearing a white chicken Kari kurta with a purple-shaded scarf. 

"Yehi pehen, zyada flaunting bhi nahi hai, simple and sober hai. Upar se formal bhi lag raha hai" She said. 

"Aur ha, udhar jake koi bhi lame joke maar kar zor zor se hasna mat. Warna Bechara Aditya darr jaayega." She said laughing loudly. 

"Dikh raha hai, kaun lame joke marke hasta hai voh" I gave her a cold stare although she couldn't see me, she immediately stopped laughing. 

_____________________________________________________________________

The next morning, I was all set to go to Aditya's house. I glanced at myself one last time in the mirror. I was looking pretty sober, with a scarf hanging down my neck, and minimal makeup. 

I searched for Aditya's address in Raj's files. Here it was. I examined all the necessary location details and forwarded them to Patil Kaka. I stepped down the stairs and saw Aai and Baba having breakfast at the dining table. I looked at Aai, who turned her face away from me and resumed eating. Meanwhile, Baba didn't even bother to look up at me. 

"I'm going to the hospital" I tried initiating a conversation.

"Do we care?." I heard Baba saying in a stiff voice. They never cared. I don't want to be sad today in the morning itself. I ignored them and made my way outside, near my car.
As I stepped outside, I saw an unfamiliar car in front of my house, with an unknown person. Who was he? I've never seen him before over here. He was standing beside the car, with both his hands at the back, he had his sunglasses on, and stood there still, with a straight face.

He started coming closer towards my side and stopped at a respectable distance.
"Good morning ma'am, Aditya Sir sent me here to pick you up." He said with a completely straight face, with no expressions. It seemed like he was a bodyguard or something. Why would Aditya send a bodyguard for me to pick me up? Is he so rich? I need to find out about him more.  

"This wasn't needed, I already have my driver with me" I tried to explain to him.

"Ma'am, please. We can't deny Aditya sir's orders." He said with a constant expression.  Looks like he isn't going to listen. I gestured to Patil Kaka that I was going with the other guy. I went forward towards the car and the guy opened the door for me. Thanking him, I  sat inside, observing his actions. He also sat in the driver's seat and started driving.

"Ma'am, are you comfortable with the AC? Or should I open the windows?" He asked me calmly, with his focus on the road. Such a gentleman he is.

"Yes, will you please let the windows down for some time? And yes, please don't call me ma'am, I'm almost the same age as yours" I gave him a warm smile and he was still in his straight face. Aree Baba Aditya Ji ne hasne se bhi mana kiya hai kya?

"What's your name?" I asked him.

"Kabir" He replied.

"Okay," I murmured. I had to learn more about this Aditya. He also mentioned about media following him, maybe he is a big person. I quickly opened my phone and googled his name. My eyes went through a few articles.

Aditya Malhotra, the rising businessman of his era, was spotted in a mall yesterday with his sister, Muskan Malhotra. Click to know more. 

Is Aditya Malhotra handling illegal deals apart from his business? Know more. 

Priti and Paramjeet Malhotra, the business tycoons, were spotted at the airport at midnight, returning from Punjab. Paps click them as they head towards their mansion. See pictures. 

Muskan Malhotra papped at the airport shopping with her brother. Click to see pictures. 

What the actual fuck??? He is THE ADITYA MALHOTRA. Shit shit shit. I panicked as I realised that this Aditya was none other than the son of the biggest business tycoon himself. And his sister, Muskan Malhotra, I was a fan of her. She is an investor in our hospital, and I've seen her at many events as a chief guest. She used to visit our hospital for donation drives and to check up on cancer patients. I was in love with her personality, She was a total badass. 

Wait a minute. Is she going to be present over there? No god please no please please, please. I begged like a child internally, I don't want to face her like this. I wasn't dressed up well enough to go inside a freaking mansion, are my looks presentable in front of her? Nahi yarrrr. Aditya ka chodho, Muskan mere baare me kya sochegi? I immediately unlocked my phone and texted Radhika. 

Radhaaaaaaa

Kya hua?? Sab theek toh haina??? 

Abbe kuch theek nahi hai ...voh Muskan Malhotra haina, apne hospital ki investor, abbe voh Aditya ki behen hai yaar 

What the fuckk !!??? Abbe ye iska bhai kaise ho sakta hai?? 

How am I supposed to know????

Muzhe apne ghar jaana hai ...

Chup chap ja tu... ghar aane ki sochna bhi mat

Haath me sone ka katora mila hai phir bhi bheek he mangni hai

I inhaled a deep breath trying to focus on what to do next. I was stuck, I couldn't even go back now.